View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #33
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Good point...without "Low" there'd be no Gary Numan. For a very short while people thought this was the new Bowie, thing is it's as if he had all the ingredients but not the recipe typa thing. Pulled it for the first thee albums (I still think Telekon - his third, is excellent) then after that, he constantly dipped in and out of mediocrity and the occasional plane crash, though did have a cult following attending all his gigs who couldn't make the Bowie connection as they were a bit too young.
I've probably mentioned this before. A mate of mine who's a big Bowie fan had never really been convinced by Gary Numan, and that one Bowie song in particular practically gave Numan his career. It may well be something from Low, I can't remember. 'Cars' reminds me of 'Sound & Vision' in an abstract way, i.e., neither track has much singing - the interest is in the overall music - but the vocals are very important to the package.

I do think Numan has his own thing going on musically, even at that early stage.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote