View Single Post
Old 17-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #59
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?
I can honestly say I've never cried cutting onions. My mum does, so I think it's a combination of variety of onion and personal biochemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot....My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.
LOL stop eating it, then.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote