View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #1119
iamwhoam

I found this picture of what I believe is a magazine published by the Jehovah's Witnesses:

I've been talking about how they are looking out from their watchtower for the coming Golden Age, which appears to be Zion. Here it just says outright "The Golden Age" underneath "Zion's Watchtower". Maybe I'm right about Zion.

They've changed the name of the magazine to 'Awake!':

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awake! :
"Awake! is an illustrated religious magazine published every second month by Jehovah's Witnesses via the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. It is considered to be a companion magazine of The Watchtower, and is distributed by Jehovah's Witnesses in their door-to-door ministry.

"Awake! is the second most widely distributed magazine in the world (after the Public Edition of The Watchtower), with a total worldwide printing of over 57 million copies in 107 languages per issue.

"The magazine was originally published "every other Wednesday" under the name The Golden Age on October 1, 1919, by the International Bible Students Association. (In 1930 it was published in Danish under the name New World.)... On August 22, 1946, the magazine was renamed Awake!..."

"..."this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new order..."

"..."this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things"."

I guess it is not that controversial to argue that a religion is talking about the great age to come because Christians believe that Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. What is controversial is the idea that religions are based on cyclical history and a true Golden Age during which mankind becomes the Christ figure or becomes like gods due to varying astronomical conditions related to the precession of the equinoxes. This would be different than the idea that there is an actual god in heaven who will come down for judgement day. What is also controversial is that Zionism and Israel are related to this Golden Age and that other religions hide this occulted history in allegories.

That they use the terms "new order" and "new world" adds strength, imo, to the argument that the New World Order, of the New Order of the Ages, is about cyclical time and various ages of history.