View Single Post
Old 24-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #410
dunadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saty View Post
How to Practice Sungazing

Sun-Gazing-Activacion-de-la-grandula-pinealSungazing (also known as sun-eating) is an ancient practice of gradually introducing sunlight into the eyes. It has become a popular practice, rediscovered through the work of people such as Hira Ratan Manek (HRM), a sun gazer who has spread the word with his talks around the world.

To practice it, you need to look at the rising or setting sun once per day, within the first hour after sunrise or before sunset, times on which the ultraviolet and infrared ray’s exposure is minimum, avoiding harm to the eyes and your body(6). This must be done standing on bare earth with bare feet and looking at the sun for only 10 seconds, while gradually increasing your practice by adding 10-second intervals each day. Following these rules makes the practice safe (7,8). Discontinue if you feel any discomfort and never practice this technique unless the sun is at it’s lowest angle with it’s the mildest intensity. The intention of this practice is an unfocused gaze toward the rising or setting sun. This is very different from ‘staring’ directly into the full sun, which would focus overly intense sunlight into the retina and cause acute damage to the eye.

After 9 months or 44 minutes, you should give up sungazing for the protection of the eye. The body will get discharged when stopping the practice, which has to be recharged. Walking on bare feet on bare earth for 45 minutes daily for a total of 6 days is recommended (8).
https://www.kawoq.org/practice-sun-gazing-get-benefits/

p.s. I finished the sungazing practice back in early 2014, it took me almost 3 full years to finish the practice but it was well worth it.
Great post, yet I would still advise caution, whilst being in nature, having the sun upon us is vital for our life-force, the sun and the planet are both different now for us,compared to ancient times, in addition, we spend lots more time indoors and the sun is more powerful etc etc with pollution etc etc. so caution is the watchword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpRogue View Post
I have a Question for anyone that has done this:

Meditating at night, outside in the garden, who has done this?
Also, has your experience been different to meditating inside your home?
I have, as long as you are in a safe place and spiritually and physically protected then it is a wonderful thing to do, being in touch with nature, perhaps bare foot etc., is a wondrous thing, a pleasure. Stay warm and safe and enjoy!

Best wishes,

D.

Last edited by dunadan; 24-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.
dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote