View Single Post
Old 17-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #38
stupid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
Or their pets !
Really ?
The rabies vaccine is the prime reason that Rabies is not running rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
The number of rabies-related human deaths in the United States has declined from more than 100 annually at the turn of the century to one or two per year in the 1990's. Modern day prophylaxis has proven nearly 100% successful.
http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/usa/index.html

The more people that don't vaccinate their pets for Rabies....the higher the probability your pet can get infected, or you.

Do you know the treatment for a pet that contracts Rabies ?
Either they are given a Rabies booster and quarantined for 45 days (alone in a cage) for observation, or they are put to sleep (killed).
Is that how you want your pet treated ?

From the ASPCA:
Quote:
How Is Rabies Treated?

There is no treatment or cure for rabies once symptoms appear. Since rabies presents a serious public health threat, dogs who are suspected of having the virus are most often euthanized.
~~~~~~~~
I was just bitten by my own dog (breaking up a fight). She snapped at anything within reach during the fight. My arm was an easy target. Earlier in the week, my dog killed two wild animals. Now, protecting the life of your pet from Rabies is sane and compassionate....NOT protecting them is INSANE....especially if the virus can be spread to you.

Last edited by stupid; 17-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
stupid is offline   Reply With Quote