View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #78
lightgiver

Lightbulb Sayer

Britain's Prince Philip has been branded the 'First Lady of Britain'.

Cherie Blair, wife of former British Prime Minister Tony, attempted to explain the role of Queen Elizabeth's husband during an appearance on America's 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno'.

When asked if being Prime Minister's wife is similar to that of the wife of the US President, Cherie replied: "It's different because actually the First Lady is the wife of the head of state.

"So on that basis the spouse of our head of state is actually Prince Philip. So I suppose you could say Prince Philip is really the First Lady of Britain."

During the interview, Cherie - who appeared on the chat show to promote her book 'Speaking For Myself' - revealed her fourth child, Leo, 8, was conceived at the Queen's Balmoral residence, after she left her contraception at home because she was embarrassed a maid might find it.

She said: "I thought, 'I'm 44', so some things I left out of that bag. And of course God was obviously laughing at me because nine months later along came Leo."

Cherie, 54, also praised the queen for being "very kind".

She added: "The Queen is an amazing person. Whenever I talk about the queen I always think of the word 'service'.

"I mean, she has devoted her whole life to the country and she was very, very kind to Tony and I.

It was quite strange for me, a girl from Liverpool, to actually meet the queen."

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....postcount=1763

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-11-2011 at 11:19 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote