View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
greatestiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
It all boils down to whether or not you consider 'God', 'The Creator', 'The Divine Source' or whatever else you want to call it, to be ultimately separate from yourself.

I was listening to an interview with Michael Cremo the other day, and he explained that the form of Hinduism he follows believes in dualism.

He likened the merging of the soul with Brahma as being like a green parrot, that can land in a green tree and seemingly become one with it (both being the same colour), yet they are eternally separate entities.

I don't see any logical basis for this viewpoint, and actually consider it the ultimate form of spiritual imprisonment, because the sense of inescapable separation from everything else is held to be the highest truth.

I've noticed that Christians generally seem to ascribe to the same belief, and view anything that suggests we are 'one' with 'God' as Satanic or Luciferian or something.

If anyone can show me an actual, immutable barrier between any two things that appear to exist in all of phenomenal reality, I'll revise my opinion. Until then, I'll stick with the view that separation and duality are merely mentally constructed illusions of the deluded mind.
If God is Yin and we are Yang, you have to remember that Yin and Yang do not oppose each other. They compliment each other. More like front and back instead of for and against.

Regards
DL
greatestiam is offline   Reply With Quote