View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #111
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
That depends Armoured Amazon .

It depends on whether you dance when they play the tune .

I found out through experience that when reality places a brick wall in front of your goals , it is not stopping you doing anything , it is merely showing you that you must do something else to accomplish what you want .

Maybe , these walls are put there to make you see that you must be prepared to sacrifice many things to get to your desired destination of which many of those things you carry are unnecessary for your new life or experience , rather like carrying baggage that you do not need .

If the same old crap comes to you , this means that you have not changed how you go about things .

I like you AA and never wish to make you feel bad but if I do not say things as they come then it could appear false , so forgive any comments that seem offish .

You have to change your self .
Your self is what interacts with reality thus it can only be who YOU spend time with / or , HOW YOU interact , no matter how you look at it , the main character doing everything in your life is YOU .

It could be --------HOW---------------you deal with things .

What I do know for sure is that your reply is very pessimistic and insistent , with no faith for your self or a situation .
This will not help you one tiny bit .
With a for frontal view like that , you will only ever see the brick wall .

AA , I respect you very much and from all the posts I have seen from you , your Armoured Amazonian personality of the freedom fighter always stands out .

This little post of yours shows a small part of you that can seriously damage your journey in life .

read these , they come from experience of my own .

WHY is it always me/you ? because you are the ONE!
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47889

Our own philosophies that can hold us down
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46414

philosophies that can make us FAIL !
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46436

Own philosphies hold us back 3 .
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46569

I'm still trying to battle through, but the walls keep getting built faster than I can smash them down. I could pretend my journey has a point, but it doesn't. The only point I can find is my human experience is to experience as much turmoil, disappointment, frustration and loss as a person can in one lifetime. And I'm smiling, so I'm either deranged or haven't experienced enough shit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pri01 View Post
Around 13 years ago, I used to wallow in self pity about how bad my life was and how lucky other people were. My outlook was all doom and gloom and I could see no respite from my situation unless I had a stroke of good luck thrown my way.

I don't know how things changed but I drifted into doing something different and my life changed overnight. Suddenly I was an achiever and instead of internally saying things like "I can't do that" I heard myself saying "I can do that and I have done it". It was liberating.

What I would say to everyone who reads this thread is that you can achieve whatever you want to in life. The only barrier is yourself. You need to start saying I can more often and mean it.
Heh, I'm you in opposite. I grew up an optimist, an achiever, hardworker, promised myself things would get better if I just remained positive and applied myself. Suddenly I looked round after three decades on the planet and realised my pursuit of Truth and authenticity had left me with nothing. If I overlooked duplicity in order to have fun, friends, social life, a job, money, etc I'd be a happy clam. It was only when I actively started living authentically that my life turned to shit, and it's been this way for ten years now. All I have to do is one inauthentic thing, and my circumstances would be bettered in an instant, thus lifting my mood, too. I know this. I should do this, I know! That's the frustrating thing! I KNOW how to make my life better. All I have to do is live inauthentically; And the reason I know this is because when I used to get drunk and coked up and have sex, I didn't have the shit I get off strangers now, and I was never short of money or friends. My holier-than-thou attitude to life, not participating in the so-called negative behaviours I used to do has done nothing but destroy me.

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 08-05-2010 at 10:41 AM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote