View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #52
hande

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
Hande:
I think its a mistake to bash all police...many are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances. The issue here is whether there is a firm within a firm who work to pervert the course of justice. Those few organised people who work through their lodge connections then cast a dark shadow over all the police by making them all look bad and often ruin lives in the process

I
Have a like - I'm in agreement.
Unfortunately as I have not slavishly followed the party line - I'm accused of a secret agenda.

Whereas my points were to raise the broader issues and how that will impinge on any subsequent attempts at prosecution.

Personally I don't think the inquest should lead to prosecutions for the mistakes made - difficult times, difficult circumstances bad decision.

I do think those that attempted a cover up should be, but as they were seniors in the force - they will walk, for the reasons you give.

Not sure why Granny agrees with your point about plod but not with my same point. I will assume I wasn't clear in earlier posts and once it got a bit heated miss understandings abound.
hande is offline   Reply With Quote