View Single Post
Old 31-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
petercookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsick View Post
I want to start building up a survival bag incase worst comes to worst , has anyone got any good links to alist of essential things needed or could just write out a basic list. Bag is my first purchase , how big should it be ?
It depends how much you can carry i suppose. I like a 100l rucksacks really, the more it can hold, the better imo. It wants to be made of a tough material and waterproof or partially waterproof ideally with good solid hip straps. But its partially about what you prefer, you might be looking for a smaller 20L or so grab and run bag?

Some people say external frame rucksacks are better but tbh i have never had one, so i dont know. These a thread which i made about Tents too - http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92465 some good videos and info in there.

Large Frame Backpacks: Kelty Super Tioga Part 1-

Large Frame Backpacks: Kelty Super Tioga Part 2

Large Frame Backpacks: Kelty Super Tioga Part 3

Large Internal Frame Packs: Mountainsmith Expanse Part 1

Large Internal Frame Packs: Mountainsmith Expanse Part 2

These videos here should give you some ideas as to what to include into your camping/survival kits.......>>>>

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 1

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 2

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 3

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 4

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 5

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 6

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 7

Backpacking System, Extended Stay by Nutnfancy, Part 8

If no videos are showing up just quote this and they should appear.....

Quote:
I've got the destruction test video's fook me that blade is strong and versatile and virtually indestructible, that's one of the reasons I'm going to get one

Yeah it impressed me aswell and for 20 odd pound you cant really go wrong.

The cold steel shovel is also a good piece of kit, you can use it like an axe too - Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel - Demonstration & Review -

Last edited by petercookie; 31-01-2010 at 06:44 PM.
petercookie is offline   Reply With Quote