View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
itsallinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post
"The Nag Hammadi"? That's a place. I assume you mean the Gnostic Texts found there? Which one in particular were you thinking of?

Glad you asked because I was wrong, it was not the NHC's but from blue blood true blood (Swerdlow)

Well what would you call a 'Reptilian head' and what kind of reptile would you be referring to?

There are many different types but in this context I was referring to the annunaki which look similar to the serpent.

In Gnosticism, this serpent symbolized eternity and the soul of the world and in some quarters they believe that the Edinic snake was a liberator.

You have me confused.
"And when she saw (the consequences of) her desire, it changed into a form of a lion-faced serpent. And its eyes were like lightning fires which flash. She cast it away from her, outside that place, that no one of the immortal ones might see it, for she had created it in ignorance. And she surrounded it with a luminous cloud, and she placed a throne in the middle of the cloud that no one might see it except the holy Spirit who is called the mother of the living. And she called his name Yaltabaoth.

"This is the first archon who took a great power from his mother.... And he is impious in his arrogance which is in him. For he said: 'I am God and there is no other God beside me,' for he is ignorant of his strength, the place from which he had come."-- The Apocryphon of John . (NHL-110/IV,1 10:7-20)

I recall they also used animal heads to represent humanoid/animal hybrids they created, think that was in Sitchen's work.

Sorry for confusing you, might offer relief to know I confuse myself all the time.
itsallinus is offline   Reply With Quote