View Single Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #33706
dixie d
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carma View Post
"Otis was the child of Greek immigrants Alexander J. Veliotes, a Mare Island longshoreman and grocery store owner, and his wife, the former Irene Kiskakes, a painter.[1][4]
He was the older brother of Nicholas A. Veliotes, former U.S. Ambassador to Jordan (1978–1981) and to Egypt (1984–1986)."

That's Greece again...
I went to the island of a couple of times and stayed at a place called Ipsos.

On the Corfu page I notice the following...

Quote:
The second range culminates in the mountain of Santi Jeca, or Santa Decca, as it is called by misinterpretation of the Greek designation Άγιοι Δέκα (Hagioi Deka), or the Ten Saints. The whole island, composed as it is of various limestone formations, presents great diversity of surface, and views from more elevated spots are magnificent. Beaches are found in Agios Gordis, the Korission lagoon, Agios Georgios, Marathia, Kassiopi, Sidari, Palaiokastritsa and many others.
I'm just wondering if there might be a link from Decca to the article above and Laura Dekker.

On the Wiki page you see the following...

Quote:
Primedia sold the magazine to Hearst in 2003. It is still in the forefront of newsstand popularity among growing competition. This magazine is mostly for young girls and women from the ages of 12–21.

Quote:
Nicole Fox (born March 6, 1991) is an American fashion model, best known as the winner of Cycle 13 of America's Next Top Model.
I'll need to look into it.

Last edited by dixie d; 22-01-2012 at 12:03 PM.
dixie d is offline   Reply With Quote