View Single Post
Old 14-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #54
evil edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixfelix View Post
From the BBC video:

Quote:
Supt Paul Keasey: It was a tragedy, and our sympathy and condolences go out to the two members of the family who actually, actually died this evening.

What I would ask is, obviously, time for the family to, actually, begin that grieving process and they're now being fully supported by officers from the Family Liaison Officer (sic) of West Midlands Police.

As you can see behind me, we've got officers from both the Forensic Reconstruction Unit, but also Collision Investigation investigators. They are doing a detailed investigation at the moment.

What I will say is, this was, this involved all emergency services right from the beginning. So we had assistance from our colleagues in the Ambulance, the Fire Service and also Air Ambulance supported us regarding it.
The full flotilla.

Quote:
What I would ask is that any members of the public who did witness anything and haven't come forward please contact West Midlands Police. There will be details on our website. Any information that we can have, that will only help us get the true facts as to what's occurred.
Gate-keeping the eyewitnesses? Flushing out the bystanders who can't reconcile what they saw, with what the meeja claims they saw?

Then an anonymous and unattributed statement from Sainsbury's...

Quote:
A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said: "I can confirm that earlier this evening a bus mounted the pavement in Trinity Place, stopping when it made contact with the store.
Cautious to a fault. "Stopping when it made contact with the store"? Odd wording. But perhaps the most accurate account of what actually happened? A drill which saw a bus eased towards the store, one inch at a time? Gently as she goes? But surely captured by CCTV outside the store? Or was it broken, as usual?

--

Last edited by evil edna; 14-01-2016 at 07:45 PM.
evil edna is offline   Reply With Quote