Thread: Club 27
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #87
trixie

Richard Turner is listed in Wiki's as the latest member of the 27 Club & death first said to be cardiac arrest - later named that he had a ruptured aortic aneurysm:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/21...rtic-aneurysm/

Sad news this morning from synth-rock band Friendly Fires as they announced the death of their touring trumpet player Richard Turner, NME reports. He was just 27.

According to reports, the brass player was swimming at a pool in South London when he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. Lifeguards and paramedics tried to revive the young musician, but he later died at King's College Hospital.

Friendly Fires posted a tribute on their website:

"On Friday we learnt of the sudden passing of Richard Turner. Rich played trumpet in our live gigs on and off for three years. He was an utterly exceptional musician and his contributions to our shows will be hugely missed. He was also an accomplished and admired composer."

The London Evening Standard interviewed Turner's best friend Eddy Hackett, who said, "Richard is a very strong swimmer and the lifeguards could see something was wrong. They immediately pulled him out of the water and did their best to save his life. Three ambulances arrived within four minutes and they did everything they could."

According to his brother, Andy Turner, Richard was an incredible swimmer. "I last saw my brother the Monday before he died. We had just had an amazing weekend swimming in the sea in Dorset. Rich was a really sociable guy and an amazing musician. Everyone was just bowled over by his talent."

---------
But when I look at signs for a ruptured aortic aneurysm, seems to happen more for older people & smokers, not a young man that is a strong swimmer & athletic- most likely did not smoke. Definitely an odd death & very suspicious.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/21...rtic-aneurysm/

Last edited by trixie; 04-08-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: add
trixie is offline   Reply With Quote