View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #24
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe418 View Post
I guess his harsh christian experience as a child was to blame. Anybody who had an upbrining like that would rebel against everything that it stands for and lets face it, christianity is full of hypocracy too. A religion that preaches love, tolerance and truth has brought wars, darkness and bigotry throughout the world. Also, lets not forget that early in his magical career he did embrace the christian aspects of the golden dawn teachings and may have had the name Jesus as part of one of his early magical names, so its not like he was anti christian throughout his life.
except the esoteric readings of the golden dawn are not the same as the average christians view of jesus are they? categorically different

Crowley was hellbent on a pagan revival and as for his upbringing affecting him it should be born in mind that his school years at boarding school outside of the influence of the plymouth brethren would have also been a formative experience

at his school malvern college he would be more likely to meet freemasonic families and people such as james jesus angleton who later became a CIA chief and bonesman in the skull and bones at yale
I believe the public should have a say in their own fate and that is why i support free speech. Any media talking heads who argue that free speech must be curbed are arguing that the public should not be allowed a say in their own fate

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 12-05-2017 at 05:46 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote