View Single Post
Old 18-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
jp13

I've recently fell out with a good friend regarding this, she was saying the PM was also into this, I said "so if I was in high office somewhere would that automatically make me a pedophile"? It was the level of ignorance and taking it for granted that made me angry about this sort of thing.
I agree with Gareth and with all those who said if someone who knew savile was also a pedo by association are wrong to throw out names without a shred of evidence.
I know it goes on, up to the highest levels (and lowest) of society,* but I refuse to believe that everyone who is in the upper echelons of society is a pedophile.
I don't understand pedophilia and what causes it, is it a personality trait or do they have a choice?
I think some have a choice, which in my eye's makes them evil, as they are aware of what they are doing, but I also think it is a mental illness for many, which is not an excuse for doing it, and lets not forget that most victims have been abused by a member of the family or close friend of the family, or institutional abuse such as children's homes.
I think the only cure is a bullet to the brain, but in terms of prevention I haven't got a clue. Prison is not the answer, as they meet with other pedo's and exchange ideas and methods of not getting caught.
* i.e. Marc Dutroux in Belgium. E-book:Programmed to Kill by David McGowan is very informative, and it showed it went to the very top of Belgian Society

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer