View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #7
st jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I know that a world government run by the Illuminati/New World Order would definitely be bad. But is the idea of a world government NECESSARILY bad?
If theoretically speaking, humans are intrinsically "good", we wouldn't need a government to control us.
If theoretically speaking, humans are intrinsically "evil", every government would abuse its power to take advantage of us.

Theoretically speaking, a population could stop a "local" government that abuses its powers, by a "revolution" (I don't think that there has ever been a "real" revolution).
A "world" government couldn't be stopped by anybody. This means that it is - per definition - more evil than any "local" government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Does all this mean that a politically united planet Earth could never be a good thing?
The same reasoning applies to politrics.
If theoretically speaking, some humans are intrinsically "good" while others are "evil", it would always be the "evil" people that would take control of politrics to abuse it.

There is no reason for a "united planet Earth". Why care about a "united Earth", when I don't even know my neighbours?