View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
ringy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Very engaging, very thorough, insightful, inspiring, superbly illustrated and at times, entertaining. However, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he is inclined to "go on" a bit when the same ideas and concepts could be explored and conveyed using about a third of the paper he does in his very thick books.

It's a painful task for any writer to have to constantly pare and prune down, so not a word is wasted, but I think David needs to learn this. Personally, as a bookworm, I can spend all day with a David Icke book, but I know not everybody's like me. He's getting better at it I've noticed, but I think also he would reach a much wider audience with his work of he did aim at brevity in his writing. Sorry if this sounds like a school report, just my opinion.

Maybe the possibility of introducing a beginner's pocket Icke series almost in a Rough Guide format, using the key texts as further reading reference points, for those, who, waking as they may be, simply aren't sufficiently literate to wade through 500-600 pages. Just an idea. Unfortunately, we live in the age of immediacy : the snappy slogan and slick soundbyte ( all those things David is against) but in order to mass communicate you may need to crack a few soundbyte eggs to make a waking omelette. Charles Dickens was probably as big a rebel and equally as popular as David Icke is for his time (Dickens also did sell-out live gigs), yet his verbose style with one single sentence often spanning two pages, written in an era pre-TV, pre-radio, pre-internet when people had time to savour a book cover to cover, now render his texts inaccessible for many in the age in which we now live.

This might sound totally off-the-wall but I wonder if David has ever considered how he might write kids' books - purely as a test of writer's self discipline, conveying those same waking ideas to the mind span of 7 year old - could be interestingly written and illustrated.
Poet Ted Hughes did something very similar, making very intense and complex existence and nature themes accessible to a younger readership in his children's books, alongside his adult poetry. Just an idea.
https://www.davidickestore.com/en-gb...-for-children/

There are already a few books for children in the store.

ringy is offline   Reply With Quote