Thread: Neo vs Klaatu
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Keanu Reeves as Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still 2008 :
Dr. Benson: I need to know what's happening
Klaatu: This planet is dying. The human race is killing it.
Dr. Benson: So you've come here to help us.
Klaatu: No, I didn't.
Dr. Benson:You said you came to save us.
Klaatu: I said I came to save the Earth.
Dr. Benson:You came to save the Earth.... from us. You came to save the Earth from us.
Klaatu: We can't risk the survival of this planet for the sake of one species.
Dr. Benson: What are you saying?
Klaatu: If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives.
There are only a handful of planets in the cosmos that are capable of supporting complex life.
Dr. Benson: You can't do this.
Klaatu: This one can't be allowed to perish.
Dr. Benson: We can change. We can still turn things around.
Klaatu: We have watched. We have waited and hoped that you would change.
Dr. Benson: Please.
Klaatu: It has reached the tipping point. We have to act.
Dr. Benson: Please.
Klaatu: We will undo the damage you have done and give the Earth a chance to begin again.
Dr. Benson: Don't do this. Please, we can change. We can change.
Klaatu: The decision is made. The process has begun.

In The Day the Earth Stood Still 2008 Keanu Reeves as Klaatu is the savior of the earth:
He want to control the humans and force them to change in favor of rules and borders of life in the earth
He want to show the earth a world without the humans to undo the damage humans have done and give the Earth a chance to begin again
He fight against the humans for saving the life in the earth

Indeed Klaatu did not want to force the humans to change, But they hoped humans change, When they were disappointed and It has reached the tipping point. They have to act. To undo the damage humans have done and give the Earth a chance to begin again

After that conversiation with Dr. Benson , Klaatu meet The Professor Barnhardt

Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.

Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.

Klaatu: Yes.

Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.

In the last part of the movie, the Klaatu said:" Your professor was right, At the precipice, we change"

And finally Klaatu stoped his fight against the humans and give them a new chance for change
Student is offline   Reply With Quote