View Single Post
Old 29-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #47
shenoma
Inactive

Lightbulb

I will give a basic Japanese saying, 'a rolling rock gathers no moss.' Something close to that thought, we in the west take from that saying it's good to move and be active because who wants moss growing on you. In the east it hold entirely different meaning, where moving with speed you lose your lovely moss in the process.

My point being, is that you have two human cultures looking at the same thought in completely different terms and holds different meaning of their minds. So goes for the so-called aliens looking down on us earthlings. We can't push our ideals and thoughts onto what motives their decision making, your so-human whys of the Others fails utterly in trying to calculate their true motives. You can't understand Them with a human mindset, like if you wanted to truly understand a human culture, you would have to let go of what you have always known and let yourself be absorbed in it. What you have always been, will remain with added knowledge and new resources you can call upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitch View Post
Everybody has family and friends who love them ..... however this Alex dude IS a nobody as far as the world stage is concerned ..... if Aliens do turn up tomorrow, they will say "take me to your leader" ..... they won't say "take me to someone who is unknown and unimportant to the grand scheme of things" !!

Exactly, an advanced civilisation would want to make contact with the "greater whole" ..... especially if (as Alex says) they are offering Earth advice and warning .....

Because it makes no logical sense ..... would Aliens (who are obviously vastly more intelligent than us) choose a guy to spread their "message" ..... who is a "nobody" and so is most likely going to fail ?!

What exactly is stopping these Aliens from making contact with Nobel Prize winning scientists or Renowned Journalists ?? What is stopping them just turning up and making a big appearance in front of the general public ??
shenoma is offline   Reply With Quote