View Single Post
Old 15-08-2015, 01:07 AM   #14
lightgiver

Arrow .408 Cheyenne Tactical

Range 2,200 yards (2,000 m)...
Quote:
Is a specialized rimless, bottlenecked, centerfire cartridge for military long-range sniper rifles that was developed by Dr. John D. Taylor and machinist William O. Wordman.. The round was designed with a possible military need for a cartridge for anti-personnel, anti-sniper and anti-materiel roles with a (supersonic) precision..408 Cheyenne Tactical is based on the .400 Taylor Magnum, which is based on a modified .505 Gibbs, necked down to 0.408 inches (10.36 mm).. The .505 Gibbs is an old English big game cartridge that was designed to accommodate 39,160 psi (270 MPa) pressure (designed by George Gibbs in 1911)..One of the disadvantages to these old cartridge cases intended for firing cordite charges instead of modern smokeless powder is the thickness of the sidewall just forward to the web..It is offered as a competitor to the most common military NATO long-range service cartridges such as .338 Lapua Magnum and the .50 BMG..

State Road 408.. East-West Expressway..

In modern solidhead cases, the hardness of the brass is the major factor that determines a case's pressure limit before undergoing plastic deformation. Lapua Ltd. solved this problem when they used the .416 Rigby (dangerous game cartridge) as the parental case to the .338 Lapua Magnum..The .408 CheyTac serves as the parent for several other second-generation wildcat cartridges..A wildcat cartridge, is a custom cartridge for which ammunition and/or firearms are not mass-produced..Most .408 CheyTac factory ammunition uses solid projectiles or bullets rather than jacketed lead-core bullets, which are common to most other rifle bullets..Lost River Ballistic Technologies stated that "the .408 CheyTac is the first bullet/rifle system that utilizes what they call a balanced flight projectile..According to the patent a projectile engraved and launched in accordance with the patent should decelerate from supersonic flight through transonic to subsonic in a stable and predictable manner effective to a range beyond 3000 yards (2,743 m)..Designed 2001..The .400 Taylor Magnum is a rifle cartridge. It was derived from "a modified .505 Gibbs, necked down to 0.375 inches".. The .408 Cheyenne Tactical and the .375 Cheyenne Tactical were later based on the .400 Taylor Magnum..Wildcat cartridges are developed for many reasons..The Ackley Improved family of wildcat cartridges are designed to be easily made by rechambering existing firearms, and fireforming the ammunition to decrease body taper and increase shoulder angle, resulting in a higher case capacity...

Matildás Sniper Training...

The Lobaev Sniper Rifle variant chambered for .408 Chey Tac is believed to be used by the Federal Protective Service of Russia..The second variant is the OVL, ОВЛ..The Picatinny rail consists of a series of ridges with a T-shaped cross-section interspersed with flat "spacing slots", similar to the Weaver rail mount..Feed system single shot 5-round detachable box magazine..The CheyTac Intervention is an American bolt-action sniper rifle manufactured by CheyTac LLC.. It is fed by a 7-round detachable single-stack magazine..CheyTac specially developed the .408 Chey Tac cartridge for long-range use.. The cartridge is optimized for accuracy by a balance of the rotational and linear drag, which reduces yaw and precession, and keeps the tip of the projectile pointed along the trajectory..Used by Amphibious Commandos Group (Agrupación de Comandos Anfibios) is a special operations force of the Argentine Marine Corps..It was created in 1952 by the Vigilance and Security Company of Submarine Bases (Base Naval Mar del Plata)..On April 2, 1982, the unit integrated with the Amphibious Task Force in the Falkland Islands War, taking part in the Governor's House battle, the assault on Moody Brook barracks, the combat of the South Georgia Islands and a couple of recce missions..The Bristol 408 is a British luxury car made by Bristol Cars between 63 and 66.. Unusually for Bristol, a slightly revised version was launched during the middle of the model's production run in 1965 and known as the 408 Mark II...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072852/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_State_Road_408
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.408_Cheyenne_Tactical
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=537Sorry to bother you, but I understand you told one of my men earlier about a guy in here buying gums and ammo.. Could you tell me what he looked like?..Like I told the officer on the phone, I don't pay attention to how my customers look..Don't you think it's strange?. A man walks in here and buys a high-powered rifle, a shotgun, and enough ammunition to start World War III?. Wouldn't that make your attention?..Look Lieutenant, I don't choose the customers!..http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....postcount=1485

Last edited by lightgiver; 15-08-2015 at 01:15 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote