View Single Post
Old 21-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #37
islamvslizards

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
"His claim to have addressed the Israeli cabinet in 1975 at the invitation of President Ephraim Katzir also seems to be true - and to be the result of a similar amount of chutzpah on Sir Jimmy's part.
He recorded a Jim'll Fix It show in Israel in 1975.
Savile said: "I arrived at this reception and I was wearing a pinkish suit with short sleeves. When the president came to me, he asked how I was enjoying my visit to Israel.
"I said I was very disappointed: the Israelis had won the Six Day War but they had given back all the land, including the only oil well in the region, and were now paying the Egyptians more for oil than if they had bought it from Saudi Arabia.
"I said: 'You have forgotten to be Jewish'. He said: 'Would you like to tell my cabinet that?'
"Next morning, I went to the Knesset and they interrupted a cabinet meeting and I told them the same as I had told him."
Roger Ordish, Savile's BBC producer and co-creator of Jim'll Fix It, said: "I know he met the President when we were in Israel in 1975. And he did the same thing at Chequers with the Blairs as he did with the Thatchers."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz276chsmh7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
crazy SOB *shakes head*

islamvslizards is offline   Reply With Quote