View Single Post
Old 19-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

Bless you lockie. I completely agree with you.
Even just having time to talk to someone who wants to talk is giving love.
I'm not one for telling my friends and family I love them particularly, but I try to show that I love them in how I talk to them and my actions.
Iv'e sat for hours before with an old man who lived over the park, talking with him and enjoying the time we talked. He smelled bad and his camp was a real mess, but that I really don't care about that and I definately learned something from that. Most other people would steer well clear of him but I had time for him.

I have also spent time talking with other tramps here and there on my journeys and always remember being fascinated by those people when I was a kid, although my mum and dad would warn me to stay away from them.
Imagine the difference a small amount of love and care shown to someone who is contemplating suicide can make.

I also years ago worked with old people with altzheimers and dementure and they were lovely people. I felt that most of the other staff there didn't really have time for them but I used to sit and talk to them if they were able. I particularly miss one old guy called Harry who I spent the most time with. He used to tell me he was getting confused and I would talk him out of the confusion and relax him. I treated him as a friend, not as a client/patient and I know how much he appreciated that.

Love can simply be having time for someone, and that can make a huge difference to the person.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom

Added: Oh and sorry, welcome to the forum friend Hope you enjoy your time here posting.

Last edited by silent revolution; 19-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
silent revolution is offline   Reply With Quote