View Single Post
Old 21-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Furby

What were they thinking when they came up with Furbies? After the “Gremlin” movies of the 1980’s, didn’t they learn anything? No, Gizmo was NOT cute and his extended family was far from CUDDLY.

The sensation of the Furbies really hit stride in the early 1990’s and it seemed like everyone, girl, boy, even mom and dad, wanted to get their hands on the freaky little fur balls.

As a devoted parent who completely loathed them, I did all I could to prevent my child from getting one. But unfortunately, a birthday came around and one of the little monsters snuck through my defenses.

It was instant hate tinged with not a little fear. For instance, how did the things know they were hungry when they woke up? How did they talk and interact with other Furbies? What was this spell they cast on kids large and small?

Thankfully, the Furby shine wore off fairly quickly with my daughter and soon she had moved on to Pokeman and Rugrats toys. The first opportunity I had, I removed the batteries from the offensive little creature and stashed it in the back of the closet.

Unfortunately, the golden age of Furby love was still going strong with some of my daughter’s friends and it was my encounter with one of their little nightmares that swore me off the hairy beasts forever.
This particular booger belonged to the mother of my daughter’s best friend, and on one visit to their home the all white Furby was produced to “oohs and aahs” from the kinds and a dry, gulping sound from me. Immediately the monstrosity came to life (I was told it was “napping”) and began to declare that it was hungry. I don’t know how she did it, but one of the girls convinced me to put my hand in the thing’s beak, all the while telling them how I hated the toys.

To my astonishment the toy refused my finger, first “spitting” it out, and then chomping down on it. When I pulled my finger away the little bugger flapped his wings and said, in perfect English, looking right at me, “Me no like YOU!”

To say we cut the visit short is an understatement. When I returned home I dug my daughter’s Furby out of the closet, taped it in a box, and put the box in the attic. As far as I know, it is still there. I personally don’t have the guts to check!

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...e/haunteddoll/
wonderfullife is offline   Reply With Quote