View Single Post
Old 29-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #84
iforgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes_of_a_dream View Post
Fundamentally I feel that we need a new language, however the irony being that what I mean by "language" extends beyond what people consider to be language.

Language structures thought just as much as it represents it. Thoughts become things. Language extends beyond written and spoken words, it encompasses a wide range of aesthetic values which cannot be reduced to words alone. Art and music are languages. Ecology is a language. All ideologies are languages. Memes create ever more recursive languages.

The issue I consider is that the languages systems we have developed have reinforced an anthropocentric and androcentric worldview which has cut us off from the natural World and divorced body from mind, it plays out across every level of society. We have forfeit our human-beingness with human-doingness.

There is a lot to be learnt from indigenous languages, they do not enforce time-binding and are much more grounded in the somatic here and now. I am going to study this further as well as process philosophy and object-oriented ontology.
Maybe we shouldn't think about a new language rather look back at and see the results of the last attempt. And start thinking why the spelling was changed who and why what was the spelling mistake under who authority it not the first time a writing system and not a language changed.

"The city of London ʃhall enjoy all its ancient liberties and free cuʃtoms, both by land and by water. We alʃo will and grant that all other cities, boroughs, towns, and ports ʃhall enjoy all their liberties and free cuʃtoms.

"The city of London shall enjoy all its ancient liberties and free customs, both by land and by water. We also will and grant that all other cities, boroughs, towns, and ports shall enjoy all their liberties and free customs."
Articles, section 32; 1225, section

Liberties of London, &c.
THE City of London shall have all the old Liberties and Customs [which it hath been used to have]. Moreover We will and grant, that all other Cities, Boroughs, Towns, and the Barons of the Five Ports, and all other Ports, shall have all their Liberties and free Customs.Magna Carta (1297)
1297 CHAPTER 9 25 Edw 1 cc 1 9 29
iforgie is offline   Reply With Quote