View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #24
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
Henry Ford was talking about one low-mileage vehicle for a hundred years. When you talk about 100 relatively high-mileage vehicles for a single year, that suddenly becomes a lot more land than you were picturing.
Foobar do you even read my posts properly? Did you look at this link I provided -

http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/ethanol.htm

I am suggesting using a combination of Ethanol derived from Hemp, Potato and as the referenced webpage suggests Corn Bushels. The man at that page has done the numbers and suggests we could get off Petrol dependancy within 3 years using Corn bushels alone. If you can show me where he's wrong thats great, but otherwise, you haven't answered anything.

Quote:
Yes. Prof Salter isn't exactly the only Professor in the field, and government studies are often full of crap. Switching backwards and forwards between 'official science is all about gatekeeping' and 'ooh, ooh! there's a professor who agrees with me!' is kind of irrational, no ?
Not really, your making it out to be like that, but I simply take information from all available sources. Are you saying I should decide whether to believe mainstream or fringe and never the twain shall meet? Seems very shortsighted too me. You don't believe in the Big Bang - well isn't that just switching backwards and forwards between 'official' sicence and 'fringe' science - isn't that kind of irrational?

See this really annoys me, you've now managed to drag me down to your level which is totally beneath me.

Quote:
How are you claiming they suppress it ? Don't you understand that other companies get started all the time, specifically with the purpose of exploiting new ideas that undermine the products of older, larger companies ?
Yes I understand that. Don't you understand that often these companies then get bpought up and shut down by the larger companies they are competeing with. Thats just business.

Quote:
Big corporations don't have secret services that they fund to run around the world killing more effective products just to be nasty. That's a cranky paranoid myth. If it were true, Microsoft would've been killed at birth by IBM.
Quote:
There's just no evidence for the idea that big corporations have these secret agents roaming the world deliberately subverting good ideas. It doesn't make sense for them to do that from a purely selfish perspective.
It makes perfect sense from a capitalist point of view to save their own business - whether it can be shown that they do actually do it would need looking at on a case by case basis. But why have secret services when people may well come knocking directly at your door as Mr Cornish did when he wrote to BMW with that water-aluminum car.

Your suggesting secret agents and blowing this point up to sound ridiculous, this seems to be part of your strategy. In the previous post you suggested by apparently quoting me that I stated 'If someone produces energy without fuel' I did not state that, its quite a ridiculous statement, you have not appologised or corrected the error. It seems you are trying to discredit my arguments by making up statements. To be honest I've had enough, either you debate fairly or don't bother please. Its childish playground tactics which reveals your mentality in my opinion.
pi3141 is offline   Reply With Quote