View Single Post
Old 25-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #22
fairyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Homophobes.
I'm gonna give me a bit of slack.... Partially, because i know what i say wont make a damn bit of difference.

They can't stop conflating gender and sexuality. Sure, sexuality is something that doesn't emerge until teen years.

But gender is something most people are sure of, by potty training. And its an innate sense. Something that's very difficult to 'sway' after that point.

Of course mistakes happen. So we have to guide children evey step of the way so they can do what makes them happiest. Whether that's transition, staying the gender they are, or something inbetween.

Homophobia/transphobia in many case comes from a very primal place. We all want some kind of immortality. We all driven to cheat death in some way.

The best way we can kinda do that is to pass our DNA on to the next generation. However, that in itself is not enough. That generation has to also pass its DNA down to the generation after that. Something people have no control over.

I think homophobia is a little bit the fear of not having grandchildren. Or have their way of life survive them in some way.....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote