View Single Post
Old 14-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpotatoes View Post
This isn't a criticism, but Governments are using that phrase in the United Kingdom and probably elsewhere. "I'm asking if people can agree that if we look closer at what we have in common rather than what divides us."

The Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered very suspiciously IMO just before the Brexit vote. People don't go around killing MPs - even her husband said that. That bolded phrase was her phrase to Parliament and it's been adopted by MSM etc.

She supported the White Helmets in Syria and to my knowledge over a million pounds has been donated by the British public to this dubious organistation. The White Helmets are also funded by the British Government.

Sorry, going off-topic here slightly. Have a look at the Jo Cox thread about the that phrase in bold.

"Just an observation from the Corbyn victory speech:

"We have much more in common than that which divides us,” the 67-year-old told his party’s gathering in Liverpool. “

Jo Cox’s Maiden Speech To Parliament: ‘We Are Far More United Than The Things That Divide Us’

Spin doctor's language?"

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...postcount=1548
Thanks for the info. They aren't saying it here at all. The anti Muslim brigade are in full force and so are the diversity celebrators.

Many Australian people are still suspicious of the Vietnamese although most of the migrants arrived 40 years ago. If you see a young Vietnamese man in a luxury car is only a matter of seconds before someone mutters drug dealer etc.

The reluctance of some newcomers to integrate makes it a lot harder as well.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote