View Single Post
Old 29-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

Why this radical activist is disillusioned by the toxic culture of the left
I've seen from the inside how the left is destroying people's lives and censoring free speech, and I'm sick of it

Bailey Lamon
4 hours ago

If you’ve ever worked with oppressed groups, such as people who are homeless, abused, addicted or suffering from mental health problems, there's one thing you learn straight away. They usually don't frame their worldviews in terms of academic theories students learn in gender studies classes in university. For the most part, they tend to not analyse their experiences in terms of systemic power and privilege, concepts such as “the patriarchy”, “white privilege”, or “heteronormativity”.

....I've witnessed incidents where people have lost their jobs because of mistakes they've made in the eyes of left-wing activists. I've seen relationships and friendships destroyed. I've known people who have been banned from participating in certain places, and become so alienated from “the community” that they are afraid to go out in public at all. This has caused serious mental distress to people I've worked alongside, and has even resulted in suicide. Social "justice" indeed.

to read more form this interesting article click here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a6895211.html