View Single Post
Old 19-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #18
lightindarkness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
If the secret is that there is no secret, then why are they sworn to secrecy? Why would the highest degrees not speak openly about it?
Why do se insist there are no secrets yet they are reading books called "The Biggest Secret" and trolling the authors forum?
But freemasons are not sworn to secrecy. I can tell you anything you want to know about the rituals or fraternity except: the handshakes, signs, and grips.

"AH HA!" you will say, "THOSE are the secrets!" But they aren't, because they have been in print for almost 300 years. They are private, in that I won't tell you about them but I don't care if you go find them or if you know them yourself. The point of keeping those things private is not that they hold any value or tell us anything special, but as a demonstration that I am a man of my word.

There are no "highest degrees" in freemasonry, the concept of some sort of hierarchy by degrees in the fraternity is a completely made up concept by conspiracy theorists. The only hierarchy is that of elected offices - in the states, the "highest ranking mason" is still a third degree mason while serving as Grand Master. After his term is up, he goes back to being just a regular mason and someone else serves for a year.

Last edited by lightindarkness; 19-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.
lightindarkness is offline   Reply With Quote