View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #53
nongeekywebdude
Banned

Originally Posted by nongeekywebdude View Post
I think the talk of maximum pump ratings and maximum combustion chamber volume is whats causing the confusion. Just because a car engine has a cubic capacity of 2 litres does not mean it uses 2 litres of fuel on every stroke,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi3141 View Post
Thats correct, it takes 15% of 1 litre as volume of gas or atomised liquid petrol combined with air.
No it does not, if that were true it would not matter how you drove a car,you could measure fuel consumption by rpm only, this is obviously not the case. if your figurs above were correct, a 2litre engine would need 0.15 of a litre every revolution or 450 litres at 3000rpm???

Quote:
My petrol fuel pump delivers 2 litres of liquid petrol to the floats per min - that liquid is then atomoised into a mist through the carb and represents 15% of the air fuel mixture in a litre or in my case each 500cc cylinder.
No it does not, if that were true, assuming an average fuel tank size of 60 litres, that means you could only ever run your car for a maximum of 30 minutes till you emptied your tank - have you ever driven for more than half an hour?

Quote:
HHO gas generators typically produce 2 to 4 litres of HHO gas per min (I think) - a single HHO bubbler is not sufficient to power a car, a single bubbler will only give an MPG improvement. I spoke to one of the manufacturers and they tell me they are working on building devices to completely power the car - but they are not there yet.
that may well be true, no idea,

Last edited by nongeekywebdude; 10-07-2012 at 01:07 PM.
nongeekywebdude is offline   Reply With Quote