View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #66
lightgiver

Lightbulb A Guiding Hand

Quote:

She Wore..

A Yellow Badge..

In 1916, Saturnday Evening Post editor George Horace Lorimer discovered Norman Rockwell, then an unknown 22-year-old New York artist..Lorimer promptly purrchased 2 illustrations from Rockwell, using them as covers, and commissioned 3 more drawings - Lorimar initially produced made-for-TV movies for the ABC Movie of the Week - Norman Rockwell was a prolific artist, producing more than 4,000 original works in his lifetime..He is also noted for his 64-year relationship with the Boy Scouts of America, during which he produced covers for their publication Boys' Life, calendars, and other illustrations..In chess, the total number of black (dark) and white (light) squares on the 8 by 8 game board..Eight Is Enough - Sarah Evelyn Isobel Payne (13 October 1991 – c. 1 July 2000), an 8-year-old school girl, was the victim of a high-profile abduction and murder in England in July 2000..A24 motorway (Portugal), a road connecting Viseu and Chaves - The Canaries are 1 of the 8 regions with special consideration of historical nationality recognized as such by the Spanish Government - On the verge of his retirement at Fort Starke, a one-troop cavalry post, aging US Cavalry Captain Nathan Cutting Brittles is given one last mission: to take his troop and deal with a breakout from the reservation by the Cheyenne and Arapaho following the defeat of George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn..Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles..Moses Delivers the Israelites from Bondage..

The Stranglers - Norfolk Coast..

The practice of wearing special markings in order to distinguish Jews and other non-Muslims (Dhimmis) in Muslim-dominated countries seems to have been introduced by Umayyad Caliph Umar II in early 8th century - The Yellow of Texas is a traditional American folk song dating back to at least the 1850s - The Battle of Norfolk was a tank battle fought during the Persian in Gulf War , between armored forces of the United States and United Kingdom, and those of the Ba'athist Iraqi Republican Guard in the Muthanna Province of southern Iraq -American Sector 21 killed +British Sector 15 killed - Heavy artillery losses 7,000+ Iraqi soldiers captured - Norwich City Football Club is a professional football club based in Norwich, Norfolk, England..The code for international direct dial calls to New Zealand (+64) Pulitzer's approach made an impression on William Randolph Hearst, a mining heir who acquired the San Francisco Examiner from his father in 1887 - Reflections..64 was the name of a former Russian Chess magazine..Mirrors.. 14's mad about me..You've seen these films!.Haven't you, my Woman?..

Tony Orlando and Dawn..

Thai a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree" is a song told from the point of view of someone who has "done his time" but is uncertain if he will be welcomed home..I know because I wrote the song one morning in 15 minutes with the late lyrical genius Irwin Levine..In Australia, the Save Albert Park group have utilized the ribbon as a symbol of protest..A yellow ribbon, for any symbolic purpose, was uncommon in Canada until the Grrreat War when it was used by mothers and wives of soldiers who were fighting..The first well-known reference for the use of yellow cockades or ribbons in Catalonia is in 1704..China utilizes the yellow ribbon as a reminder of the Sinking of Dong Fang Zhi Xing..On 13 June, the Chinese authorities updated that 454, not 456, people were on board and 442 bodies had been found with 12 rescued..Japan's Medal of Honor uses a yellow ribbon to acknowledge professionals who have become public role models - Male Spanish officials strip search an American woman tourist in Cuba looking for messages from rebels; front page "yellow journalism" from Hearst..Frederic Remington was related by family bloodlines to Indian portrait artist George Catlin - Estonia..The families of the se7en Estonian citizens taken hostage in Lebanon need all of our support..In Germany, the ribbon symbolizes solidarity with the armed forces in the ongoing Hong Kong protests who were mostly Indonesian Chinese..Starting in August 2008 in the northern Israeli region of Galilee, tied to the left side mirrors of civilian cars as a symbol of the hope of the Israelis to free Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit..In Kuwait the yellow ribbon is worn to support the (POWs) missing from Kuwait..The yellow ribbon saw renewed popularity in the US during the Gulf War in the early 1990s..It appeared along with the slogan "support our troops", in the form of yellow ribbons tied to trees, and countless other contexts..Many more of them live next door..And the band begins to play.. It often had the implied meaning of "bring our troops home" from the Desert Shield and Desert Storm troop deployments..The ribbon is also an emblem for Grime stories filled many of the pages, with headlines like "Was He a Suicide?" and "Screaming for Mercy...Listening, sir...The campaign for Sarah was spearheaded by the News of the World The Bells sold to Henry Lascelles Carr in 1891; in 1969 it was bought from the Carrs by Rupert Murdoch's media firm News Limited had intercepted the voicemail of missing British teenager Milly Dowler, who was later found murdered - Cut the cable, drop the cable---Aye, Sir, aye..Tentative evidence suggests that the use of combined oral contraceptives reduces the risk of endometriosis..Most often this is on the ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and tissue around the uterus and ovaries; however, in rare cases it may also occur in other parts of the body, just a grrreat mass of very unlucky women..As we live a life of easel - On 10 October 1969,Basses-Pyrénées was renamed Pyrénées-Atlantiques..64 is the number of the French department Pyrénées-Atlantiques..2 urban concentrations exist in the east and west of the département, has cultivated a number of economic and cultural links with Spain - The Autovía A-24 is a proposed highway in Aragon, Spain between Daroca and Burgos, near Newcastle where it meets the A2 - The number of crayons in the popular Crayola 64 pack; the Lascaux cave in France has a painting of a yellow horse 17,000 years old, in the Cavern days.. We just stuck a few more words on it..Canaries were first bred in captivity in the 17th century..It's in all the papers..I'm just a simple chap, sir...
http://www.ybra.org/
https://www.onthisday.com/events/date/1949/october
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_Wore_a_Yellow_Ribbon
https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...&postcount=174I know that, Mr. Man!.They also called them serials..I'm not stupid ya know..Anyway, my favourite was Rocketman, and once it was a no breaks chapter..Boo!.Did I scare ya?.I've been looking for you...https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...&postcount=661

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-01-2019 at 01:02 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote