View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #87
lightgiver

Lightbulb I Was a Spy

Theatrical release poster..
Quote:
Victor Saville (25 September 1895 – 8 May 1979) was an English film director, producer, and screenwriter.. He directed 39 films between 1927 and 1954. He also produced 36 films between 1923 and 1962..When the war broke out he was in America and was advised to remain there, producing pictures in support of the war effort..After the war he continued directing films for MGM but eventually returned to Britain..I Was a Spy was also the first film dubbed in Poland (while there were earlier examples of films dubbed in Polish, they were recorded in Paramount studio in Joinville, France)..In German occupied Belgium 1914, a Belgian woman employed by the Allies nurses injured soldiers and falls in love with a German commandant..Mason reassured him that it was his "best to date..Filming took place in Shepherds Bush..Release dates 4 September (UK) 15 December 1933 (USA)...

Duck Soup - These Are My Spies..

1933 September 4 - Revolt of the Sergeants: At Camp Columbia, the Cuban Army base at Marianao, near Havana, Sergeant Fulgencio Batista led an uprising of non-commissioned officers against their Army superiors, seized control of the base, then incited a revolt that would topple the national government the next day-At the National Air Races in Chicago, aviator Jimmy Wedell became the first person to fly a landplane at an average of more than 300 miles per hour, averaging 304.98 mph in 4 runs on a 3 kilometer course-The feat was overshadowed by the da'at of 29 year old Florence Klingensmith, who had become the first woman to compete for the $10,000 Phillips Trophy.. Her airplane fell apart as she passed the grandstand, and crashed at more than 200 mph..

Carroll was born at 32 Herbert Street (now number 44) in West Bromwich, Staffordshire, daughter of John Carroll, an Irish professor of languages from Co. Limerick, and Helene, his French wife.. She graduated from the University of Birmingham, with a B.A. degree.. She once taught in a girls' public school..Carroll is remembered for her role in Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps.. She is also noted for abandoning her acting career after the darth of her sister Marguerite in the London Blitz, to devote herself to helping wounded servicemen and children displaced and maimed by the war..She married Andrew Heiskell, publisher of Life, in 1950, and they had a daughter Anne in 1951..They divorced in 1965.. By then Carroll had moved to Paris.. She would later move to Spain, where she shared an estate with her mother and daughter..Carroll died on 2 October 1987 from pancreatic cancer in Marbella, Spain age 81.. Initially interred in Fuengirola, Málaga, she was reburied in 1998 in the cemetery of Sant Antoni de Calonge in Catalonia..She was awarded the Legion d'Honneur for her efforts by France...Fuengirola in ancient times known as Suel and then Suhayl is a major tourist resort, with more than 8 km of beaches and a mediaeval Moorish fortress..Catalonia comprises most of the territory of the former Principality of Catalonia, with the remainder now part of France's Pyrénées-Orientales...

1933 December 15 -The India cricket team hosted a test cricket match for the first time in its history, after having played in England the year before.. Over a period of four days in Bombay (now Mumbai, India lost to England by nine wickets - Born: Tim Conway, American actor and comedian, as Thomas Daniel Conway in Willoughby, Ohio-The Newspaper Guild, the first labour union for newspaper journalists, was founded..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_a_Spy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgen...#The_1933_coup
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=415What does it matter where my body happens to be?. My mind goes on working all the same..You don't look so bad yourself for a corpse..Well, I got myself resurrected..Hold this...http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=608

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-03-2016 at 11:08 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote