View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #83
lightgiver

Arrow Bloody Mary

Portrait by Antonis Mor, 1554..
Quote:
Connie is a usually-female first name, and is also used as a surname.. Considered a pet form of "Constance" and is related to "Conradine"..Sachs is an eccentric alcoholic spinster who alternates between motherly and facetiously flirtatious relationships with her "boys", the men in the agency (although she was in a lesbian relationship in Smiley's People).. Sachs devoted her personal and professional life to the study of Soviet intelligence and most notably the Soviet counter-intelligence master known as Karla..Sachs was widely reputed to be based on the real-life MI5 legendary Soviet watcher Milicent Bagot...Hurricane Connie in August 1955 contributed to significant flooding across the eastern United States, just days before Hurricane Diane affected the same general area..It moved quickly west-northwestward, strengthening into a well-developed hurricane by August 5..Connie produced strong winds, high tides, and heavy rainfall as it moved ashore, causing heavy crop damage and 27 deaths in the state..Dissipated August 15, 1955...

Smiley's People - Excerpt + SGT Pike...

Mary I (18 February Palace of Placentia 1516 – 17 November 1558) was the Queen of England and Ireland from July 1553 until her death..She was the only child of Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon to survive to adulthood...Her younger half-brother Edward VI (son of Henry & Jane Seymour (15/2/51) succeeded their father in 1547..In July 1520, when scarcely four and a half years old, she entertained a visiting French delegation with a performance on the virginals (a type of harpsichord)..Throughout Mary's childhood, Henry negotiated potential future marriages for her..From 1531, Mary was often sick with irregular menstruation and depression..Meanwhile, the marriage of Mary's parents was in jeopardy.. Henry claimed, citing biblical passages (Leviticus 20:21), that his marriage to Catherine was unclean because she was the widow of his brother (Mary's uncle) Arthur..In early 1533, Henry married Anne Boleyn, who was pregnant with his children..In 1536, Queen Anne fell from the king's favour and was beheaded..For most of Edward's reign, Mary remained on her own estates, and rarely attended court..On 6 July 1553, at the age of 15, Edward VI died from a lung infection, possibly TB..To elevate his son to Mary's rank, Emperor Charles V ceded the crown of Naples, as well as his claim to the Kingdom of Jerusalem, to Philip could not speak English, and so they spoke in a mixture of Spanish, French, & Latin...

Atomic number 15..

In September 1554, Mary stopped menstruating..Mary had always rejected the break with Rome instituted by her father and the establishment of Protestantism by her brother's regents..Under the Heresy Acts, numerous Protestants were executed in the Marian persecutions..In total, 283 were executed, most by burnam..Furthering the Tudor conquest of Ireland, under Mary's reign English colonists were settled in the Irish Midlands.. Queen's and King's Counties were founded, and their plantation began..The years of Mary's reign were consistently wet.. The persistent rain and subsequent flooding led to famine..After Philip's visit in 1557, Mary thought herself pregnant again with a baby due in March 1558..However, no child was born, and Mary was forced to accept that Elizabeth was her lawful successor..Mary was weak and ill from May 1558..In pain, possibly from ovarian cysts or uterine cancer, she died aged 42 at St. James's Palace, during an influenza epidemic that also claimed the life of Reginald Pole later the same day.. Her re-establishment of Roman Catholicism was reversed after her death in 1558 by her younger half-sister and successor Elizabeth I, daughter of Henry and Anne Boleyn..Although her will stated that she wished to be buried next to her mother, Mary was interred in Westminster Abbey on 14 December in a tomb she would eventually share with Elizabeth...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_I_of_England
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie...tess_of_Orkney
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=522Look, uh, go and get me a hammer.. I should never have hired a Frenchman..Listen, don't mention the war.. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right..Manuel will show you to your rooms...http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=627

Last edited by lightgiver; 28-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote