View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015, 01:38 AM   #252
lightgiver

Arrow The Field

Neapolitan Mystery..
Quote:
Bull McCabe, an Irish farmer, dumps a dead donkey in a lake.. It transpires that McCabe's son, Tadhg, killed the donkey after discovering it had broken into the field the family has rented for generations.. The donkey's owner blames Bull McCabe for the death and demands "blood money"..The field's owner is a widow who, around the time of the 10th anniversary of the death of her husband, decides to sell the field.. Unknown to McCabe, Tadhg has been harassing the widow for years.. She decides to sell the field by public auction rather than to McCabe directly..On hearing there will be an auction McCabe goes to the village pub and announces that nobody would dare bid against him for "my field"..McCabe has constant doubts about Tadhg's ability to safeguard the field.. His older son, Seamie, committed suicide when he was 13..McCabe and his wife have not spoken in the 18 years since the darth..Peter, an American whose ancestors are from the area, arrives in the village..They met on the set of a rock-musical called Rock Nativity.. She played the Virgin Mary; he played in the band.. Release dates 21 September (Ireland)-20 December 1990 (New York City)..22 February 1991 (UK)...

Theatrical release poster..

September 3 – Rosie & Jim first airs on ITV/4 – Darth Irene Dunne, American actress (b. 1898)\5 -Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 158 civilians/7 - Taylor was born in 1906 in Birkdale near Southport, which was then part of Lancashire\9-Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 184 civilians-In Batticaloa.U.S. President Bush and Soviet President Gorbachev meet in Helsinki to discuss the Persian Gulf crisis-I Think mi backs gone-Samuel Doe is captured by rebel leader Prince Johnson and killed in a filmed execution-Born Melody Klaver, Dutch actress Haley Reinhart, American singer/10 – Pegasus, a leading British travel operator, goes bankrupt– First Pizza Hut opens in Soviet Union\11 -U.S. President George H. W. Bush delivers a TV speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait-First Pizza Hut opens in the People's Republic of China/18 – Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Terry survives a murder attempt by IRA terrorists at his home near Stafford...

The Forest - Part 2 ..

December 1 - Channel Tunnel workers from the United Klingdom and France meet 40 metres beneath the English Channel seabed,establishing the first land connection between the UK and the mainland of Europe for around 8,000 years – Darth Sergio Corbucci, Italian film director (b. 1927)\3 – The mother of Gail Kinchin is awarded £8,000 in High Court, a decade after her pregnant 16-year-old daughter was killed by a police marksman who intervened with a siege at the Birmingham flat where she was being held hostage by her boyfriend-At Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Northwest Airlines Flight 1482 collides with Northwest Airlines Flight 299 on the runway, killing 8 passengers and 4 crew members on Flight 1482-Mary Robinson begins her term as President of Ireland, becoming the first female to hold this office-When travelling the Presidential limousine is always accompanied by support cars (BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Volvo S60 ) and several Garda motorcycle outriders from the Garda Traffic Corps which form a protective convoy around the car-Roberto adapts over time to his location and even leads a relatively happy life.. But then he discovers that he is not alone on the island/6 - Saddam Hussein announces that all British hostages in Iraq are to be released\8 – The UK grinds to a halt following heavy snow overnight/9-Slobodan Milošević becomes President of Serbia-Lech Wałęsa wins the 2nd round of Poland's first presidential election-Born LaFee, German singer/songwriter-Ashleigh Brewer, Australian actress\11-The first British hostages in Iraq released by Saddam Hussein arrive back in the UK-The government makes £42 million compensation available to the 1,200 British haemophiliacs infected with the AIDS virus through blood transfusions/13-Russell Bishop is sentenced to life (minimum of 15 years) for the attempted murder of a se7en-year-old girl in Brighton earlier this year. Bishop, 24, was cleared of murdering 2 other girls in 87-Poundland, a supermarket chain selling all items for £1, opens its first store at Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire – Darth Alice Marble, American tennis champion (b. 1913)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Field_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_Mystery
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....0&postcount=85A messenger attends without, My Lord!.I don't want to watch you turn into a cog in their machine..Sometimes cogs can make machines run a little but better..Sometimes yes..Mostly they turn in circles and wear out..Then they get replaced..You just don't turn it off!.It wasn't my war!.I mean, if anybody really knew Kennedy, you think they would've voted for him?..Coded messages, murder - right up my street.. It's not a bad way to start the day..Do you fancy a pint, Sir?..http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=324

Last edited by lightgiver; 23-12-2015 at 02:13 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote