Thread: Flying Teapot
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2015, 11:46 PM   #24
lightgiver

Lightbulb Hum Dum

Mother Goose story book by William Wallace Denslow..
Quote:
Humpty Dumpty is a character in an English nursery rhyme, probably originally a riddle and one of the best known in the English-speaking world.. Though not explicitly described, he is typically portrayed as an anthropomorphic egg..As a character and literary allusion he has appeared or been referred to in a large number of works of literature and popular culture, particularly Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass (1872).. The rhyme is listed in the Roud Folk Song Index as No. 13026..

Pink Freud - Hey You (Legendado) ..

The rhyme does not explicitly state that the subject is an egg, possibly because it may have been originally posed as a riddle.. There are also various theories of an original "Humpty Dumpty". One, advanced by Katherine Elwes Thomas in 1930 and adopted by Robert Ripley, posits that Humpty Dumpty is King Richard III of England, depicted in Tudor histories, and particularly in Shakespeare's play, as humpbacked and who was defeated, despite his armies at Bosworth Field in 1485...

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said..

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you.. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "...

Humpty Dumpty has been used to demonstrate the second law of thermodynamics.. The law describes a process known as entropy, a measure of the number of specific ways in which a system may be arranged, often taken to be a measure of "disorder".. The higher the entropy, the higher the disorder.. After his fall, and subsequent shattering, the inability to put him together again is representative of this principle, as it would be highly unlikely, though not impossible, to return him to his earlier state of lower entropy, as the entropy of an isolated system never decreases..

Shamal-Gong 02 Chandra..

The entropy of the universe tends to a maximum..In thermodynamics, entropy is commonly associated with the amount of order, disorder, or chaos in a thermodynamic system..The H-theorem's connection between information and entropy plays a central role in a recent controversy called the Black hole information paradox results from the combination of quantum mechanics and general relativity.. It suggests that physical information could impermanently disappear in a black hole, allowing many physical states to devolve into the same state..Maxwell's demon-In the thought experiment, a demon controls a small door between two chambers of gas..Reflections on the Motive Power of Fire and on Machines Fitted to Develop that Power is a book published in 1824 by French physicist Sadi Carnot...

The Hum is a phenomenon, or collection of phenomena, involving widespread reports of a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming, rumbling, or droning noise not audible to all people..Mains hum, electric hum, or power line hum is a sound associated with alternating current at the frequency of the mains electricity, caused by mechanical vibrations induced by the powerful AC current in them..

Dum pukht (Persian: دم‌پخت‎‎) or slow oven cooking is a cooking technique..Dum means to ‘breathe in’ and pukht to 'cook'..The Bara Imambara is among the grandest buildings of Lucknow..Other sources, however, simply state that dum pukht appears to be based on a traditional Indian method of cooking dishes buried in sand making the route between PTY and DXB the longest in the world...
http://www.visiblemantra.org/hum.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humpty_Dumpty
http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....7&postcount=21Ah, Saturn!. My Astronomy is so rusty, but I saw some mention of it in the paper yesterday, and at one time I was a keen student of the Stars..Would it be asking too much my dear fellow, to have just one peep at it through your telescope?.We should hardly delay your meeting for five minutes'..Um, that's all right- they haven't all arrived yet...http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=362

Last edited by lightgiver; 16-10-2015 at 12:36 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote