View Single Post
Old 21-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #174
lightgiver

Arrow La Sorcière

Braveheart - Deleted Scene ..
Quote:
Droit du seigneur refers to a supposed legal right in late medieval Europe allowing feudal lords to have sexual relations with subordinate women.. Also known as jus primae noctis allegedly allowed the lord of a medieval estate to take the virginity of his serfs' daughters..The French expression Droit du seigneur roughly translates as "right of the lord," but native French prefer the terms droit de jambage ("right of the leg") or droit de cuissage ("right of the thigh").. The term is often used synonymously with jus primae noctis, Latin for "right of the first night"..Chapter 7 of the first part of 1984, in which "the law by which every capitalist had the right to sleep with any woman working in one of his factories" is an element ot Party's propaganda..

Vasily Polenov - Le droit du Seigneur (1874)..

Herodotus mentions a similar custom among the Adyrmachidae in ancient Libya: "They are also the only tribe with whom the custom obtains of bringing all women about to become brides before the king, that he may choose such as are agreeable to him"..As late as the nineteenth century, some Kurdish chieftains (khafirs) in Turkish Armenia reserved the right to bed Armenian brides on their wedding night..Mexico: Into the 20th century, derecho de pernada (right of the first night) was practiced against indigenous women in the state of Chiapas. The practice was not limited to virgins, but rather was originally used by landowners, plantation owners, and urban men to “improve the race"..The Jus primae noctis was extensively practized by the Ajuran Sultanate a Somali Muslim empire that ruled over large parts of the Horn of Africa in the Middle Ages..The Garen rulers of the sultanate had seasonal palaces in Mareeg, Qelafo and Merca, which they would periodically visit to practice ius primae noctis..It acquired widespread currency after Voltaire mentioned the practice in his Dictionnaire philosophique and it soon became a frequent target for satire...

In the Epic of Gilgamesh (circa 2250-2000 BC), the hero Enkidu is appalled by King Gilgamesh's use of droit du seigneur at wedding ceremonies..In the Ulster Cycle, the king Conchobar is placed in the awkward position of having to bed Cú Chulainn's wife to avoid challenges to his authority..Rashi, the 11th century rabbi, in his commentary on Genesis 6, describes the Nephilim as engaging in this practice...The Talmud in tractate Ketubot discusses what may be done in a situation where a bride must "Have relations first with the Hegemon, the droit de ravage (right of ravage; providing to the lord the right to devastate fields of his own domain) and the droit de prélassement (right of lounging;.it was said that a lord had the right to disembowel his serfs to warm his feet in..

Binding myself under no less penalty than that of having my throat cut across..binding myself under no less penalty than that of having my breast torn open, my heart plucked out..binding myself under no less penalty than that of having my body severed in two, my bowels taken from thence and burned to ashes, the ashes scattered before the four winds of heaven, that no more remembrance might be had of so vile and wicked a wretch as I would be, should I ever, knowingly, violate this my Master Mason's obligation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...26&postcount=3How's it going, alright?.OK, I'm glad you brought it up, cos I've got a girlfriend who a lot of people Here know, so I'd appreciate it..I just can't believe this, Stace.. Of all the people I've slept with it's him gets me pregnant.. Not Nigel Havers, not John Prescott, not any of Goldie Lookin Chain.. No, some knobhead from Essex...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=481

Last edited by lightgiver; 21-04-2015 at 06:03 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote