View Single Post
Old 29-03-2015, 02:03 AM   #346
lightgiver

Lightbulb Solar Dynasty

The One That Got Away - 1996 (2/7) ..
Quote:
The Cross of St. Peter or Petrine Cross is an inverted Latin cross traditionally used as a Christian symbol, but in recent times also used as an anti-Christian symbol (a meaning different from that of traditional Christian symbolism)..The English term cross derives from the Latin word crux..The Latin term crux literally means "in general, a tree, frame, or other wooden instruments of execution, on which criminals were impaled or hanged" and "in particular, a cross"..Frequently, the legs of the person executed were broken or shattered with an iron club, an act called crurifragium, which was also frequently applied without crucifixion to slaves...

Crux was visible to the Ancient Greeks; Ptolemy regarded it as part of the constellation Centaurus..It was entirely visible as far north as Britain in the fourth millennium BC. However, the precession of the equinoxes gradually lowered its stars below the European horizon, and they were eventually forgotten by the inhabitants of northern latitudes.. By AD 400, most of the constellation never rose above the horizon for Athenians..Explorer Amerigo Vespucci depicted Crux as an almond, called "Mandorla"..In tropical regions Crux can be seen in the sky from April to June..Crux is sometimes confused with the nearby False Cross by stargazers.. Crux is somewhat kite-shaped, and it has a 5th star (ε Crucis).. The False Cross is diamond-shaped, somewhat dimmer on average, does not have a 5th star and lacks the two prominent nearby "Pointer Stars"..In the Southern Hemisphere, the Southern Cross is frequently used for navigation in much the same way that the Polaris is used in the Northern Hemisphere..A technique used in the field is to clench one's right fist and to view the cross, aligning the first knuckle with the axis of the cross.. The tip of the thumb will indicate south..The 4 main stars that form the asterism are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta Crucis..The Argentine Air Force acrobatic display team is called Cruz del Sur, the Spanish for "Southern Cross"...

In ancient Hindu astrology, the modern Crux is referred to as Trishanku..The word Trishanku has come to denote a middleground or limbo between one's goals or desires and one's current state or possessions..The story of Trishanku is told in the Bala Kanda portion of the Valmiki Ramayana..Born Satyavrata to King Prithu in the Solar Dynasty, he was an ancestor of Lord Rama..During his wanderings, Trishanku met sage Vishwamitra and appealed to him for succor.. Upon hearing the plight of the king, Vishwamithra, who had an intense rivalry of Vasishta, accepted Trishanku's request and agreed to perform the necessary rites to raise Trishanku to the heavens with his physical body..The yagnas (rituals) began and with the ascetic powers of the sage, the former King Trishanku started ascending to heaven.. Upon his arrival in heaven, the Devas were alarmed by this unnatural occurrence.. Led by Indra, they refused to permit Trishanku to enter, and tossed him out.. Trishanku began falling back to earth..The furious Vishwamitra would not accept defeat at the hands of Indra.. The sage used his powers to arrest Trishanku's fall, causing the latter to be suspended mid-air upside-down..Thus is the story of Trishanku who is suspended in his own heaven as a compromise between earth that he belonged to and the heaven that he sought...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_d...Southern_Cross
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=74If I was a woodcutter, I'd cut.. If I was a fire, I'd burn.. But I'm a heart and I love..That's the only thing I can do..And after you die on the cross, what happens then?.. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=85

Last edited by lightgiver; 29-03-2015 at 02:23 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote