Thread: Royal Marines
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #167
lightgiver

Lightbulb Fawlty Manuel

The notorious "Gotcha" headline...

The Iron Lady - Cabinet Meeting Scene..
Quote:
The ARA General Belgrano was an Argentine Navy light cruiser in service from 1951 until 1982.. Previously named USS Phoenix, she saw action in the Pacific theatre of World War II before being sold to Argentina. The vessel was the second to have been named after the Argentine founding father Manuel Belgrano (1770–1820).. The first vessel was a 7,069-ton armoured cruiser completed in 1899..After almost 31 years of service, she was sunk during the Falklands War (Guerra de Malvinas or Guerra del Atlántico Sur) by the Royal Navy submarine Conqueror with the loss of 323 lives.. Losses from General Belgrano totalled just over half of Argentine deaths in the war..You're telling me that the entire population of Great Britain went and elected a deranged psychotic to the highest office of the land?..In 55, then Brigade General Hernán Pujato founded the first Belgrano Base (Belgrano I), which remained for years as Argentina's southernmost settlement..

A Reproduction of the Jolly Roger flown by HMS Conqueror...

To be quite honest Nigel; the pieces only started to fit together last week..The stamp out evil pixies campaign!. The public have to be educated on this one Nigel.. Lacrobat is the world's most wanted terrorist; he is charged with over 40 acts of terrorism including 3 assasinations and the receipe for airline food..Holy chopped meat!. princess Wendy went witling with a razor yesterday and had a ball.. Yes sirree another young soldier waved goodbye to his loved ones as her royal highness went crazy with a cutthroat during a routine pr-op shave on British flagship HMS Lion..The pincer movement, or double envelopment, is a military maneuver in which forces simultaneously attack both flanks (sides) of an enemy formation.. The name comes from visualizing the action as the split attacking forces "pinching" the enemy..The Sun '​s headline "Gotcha" is probably the most notable headline in a British newspaper about the incident.. Kelvin MacKenzie, editor of the popular tabloid, is reported to have used an impromptu exclamation by The Sun '​s Features Editor, Wendy Henry, as the inspiration for the headline..Desmond! Put your fucking tiara on straight!..During the repairs of the Argentine Navy icebreaker ARA Almirante Irízar which is normally used to supply the base, the Argentine Air Force took over the task with airdrops by KC-130 Hercules aircraft in a non-stop flight from Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego..The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success..You provide the pictures, I'll provide the war"..I've just taken it one step further..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_General_Belgrano
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=36So you are proposing to go to war over these islands.. They're thousands of miles away, a handful of citizens, politically and economically insignificant, if you'll excuse me...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=330
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote