View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #1434
lightgiver

Lightbulb Texas High Street

Quote:
I Don't Want a Lover is the debut single from Texas's first album Southside... It was released in January 1989 and peaked at #8 in the UK Singles Chart..B-side "Believe Me".."All in Vain"...Spiteri was born in Bellshill, Scotland to father Eddie, a guitar-playing merchant seaman and mother Vilma, a singer. Spiteri is of Maltese, Italian, Irish and German descent..Spiteri had a long-term relationship with the editor of Arena magazine, Ashley Heath.. The couple have a daughter, Misty Kyd (named after the phrase from the Clint Eastwood film Play Misty for Me and Wild West outlaw Billy the Kid), born on 9 September 2002...At school (Vale of Leven Academy) her nickname was Spit the Dog.. Spiteri has a contralto vocal range..Woof Woof..Coloratura contraltos—who have light, agile voices ranging very high for the classification and atypically extensive coloratura and high sustaining notes—specialize in florid passages and leaps.. Given its deviations from the classification's norms, this voice type is quite rare..A common saying among contraltos is that they may play only "witches, bitches, or britches...

Bellshill Main Street.. In 2006, a new mosque was opened in the Mossend area of Bellshill (The town has a population of 20,705.) becoming one of the largest mosques in Scotland...Several churches serve the town including St Andrews United Free Church of Scotland, The West Church, St Gerard's, Sacred Heart..amongst other gadgets a large spit often driven by chains and gears from a treadmill often operated by a dog...

January 4 – A memorial service is held for the 270 people who died in the Lockerbie air disaster 2 weeks ago.. Margaret Thatcher and several other world political leaders are among more than 200 people present in the church service at Old Dryfesdale (Lockerbie)- US F-14s shoot down 2 Libyan jet fighters over Mediterranean - Comet Tempel 1 at perihelion/8 – A British Midland Boeing 737 crashes on approach to East Midlands Airport..Of the 118 passengers on board, 39 were killed outright in the crash and 8 were fatally injured and died later, for a total of 47 fatalities - Soviet Union promises to eliminate stockpiles of chemical weapons\11 -President of the United States Ronald Reagan delivers his farewell address to the nation- 140 nations agree to ban chemical weapons (poison gas, etc)- Kindergarten student caught with loaded handgun at Bronx school/14 – Muslims demonstrate in Bradford against The Satanic Verses, a book written by Salman Rushdie, burning copies of the book in the city streets- 29 year old French woman gives birth to sextuplets in Paris- "Romance/Romance" closes at Helen Hayes Theater NYC after 297 perfs\17 – Patrick Edward Purdy kills 5 children, wounds 30 and then shoots himself in Stockton, California- Phoenix Suns cancel game at Miami Heat, due to racial unrest in Miami/21 - A woman is assaulted & raped in room of an Oklahoma football player\22- USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh/25- Augusto Alcalde, 1st South American Zen teacher, receives Dharma Transmission\29 – The British children's television show, Thomas & Friends, begins airing in the U.S. with the series premiere of Shining Time Station on PBS- USSR's Phobos II enters Martian orbit/30 - The American embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan closes– PM of Canada Brian Mulroney shuffles his cabinet, appointing 6 new ministers and reassigning the responsibilities of 19 others- Olympian, Bruce Kimball, is sentenced to 17 years in prison for killing 2 teenagers in a drunk driving accident- 16th American Music Award: Randy Travis & George Michael wins - 5 Pharaoh sculptures from 1470 BC found at temple of Luxor...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharleen_Spiteri
http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Spiteri
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=12I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for over 40 years!..I'm fine! I can jog all the way to Texas and back.. I don't speak French, only Engtish...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=113

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote