Thread: Stirling
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #52
lightgiver

Arrow Yee King

Eminem of the State - Stay off the phone...
Quote:
The Westland WS-61 Sea King is a British licence-built version of the American Sikorsky S-61 helicopter of the same name, built by Westland Helicopters. The aircraft differs considerably from the American version, with Rolls-Royce Gnome engines (derived from the US General Electric T58), British-made anti-submarine warfare systems and a fully computerised flight control system.. The Sea King was primarily designed for performing anti-submarine warfare (ASW) missions.. A Sea King variant was adapted by Westland as troop transport known as the Commando..A dedicated search and rescue (SAR) version, the HAR3, was developed for the RAF Search and Rescue Force. The type entered service in 1978 to replace the Westland Whirlwind HAR.10.. A 16th helicopter was ordered shortly after, and following the Falklands War of 1982, three more examples were purchased to enable operation of a SAR flight in the islands, initially from Navy Point on the north side of Stanley harbour, and later from RAF Mount Pleasant. In 1992, six further helicopters were ordered to replace the last remaining Westland Wessex helicopters in the SAR role, entering service in 1996.. The six Sea King HAR3As featured updated systems, including a digital navigation system and more modern avionics..Both Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge have flown SAR Sea Kings in front-line roles..We never dealt with domestic. With us, it was always war. We won the war. Now we're fighting the peace. It's a lot more volatile. Now we've got ten million crackpots out there with sniper scopes, sarin gas and C-4...

On 23 April 1982, a Sea King HC4 was ditched while performing a risky transfer of supplies to a ship at night, operating from the flagship HMS Hermes.. On 12 May, a Sea King operating from Hermes crashed into the sea due to an altimeter problem; all crew were rescued.. On 19 May 1982 a Sea King, in the process of transporting SAS troops to HMS Intrepid from Hermes, crashed into the sea while attempting to land on Intrepid..22 men were killed and 9 survived.. Bird feathers were found in the debris, suggesting a bird strike,although the accident's cause is inconclusive.. The SAS lost 18 men in the crash, their highest number of casualties on one day since the Second World War.. The Royal Signals lost one man and the RAF one man..During the 1991 Gulf War Sea Kings from several nations, including Canada, Britain, and the U.S., were present in the coalition forces against Saddam Hussain's Iraq regime.. Due to the threat of potential use of any Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, it was standard practice for Sea King crews to wear fully enclosed NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protective suits.. Ten-year-olds go on the Net, downloading encryption we can barely break, not to mention instructions on how to make a low-yield nuclear device.. Privacy's been dead for years because we can't risk it.. The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head.. Maybe that's enough.. You think we're the enemy of democracy, you and I?. I think we're democracy's last hope...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_Sea_King
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=124I ain't no white trash piece of shit. I'm better than you all! I can out-learn you.. I can out-read you.. I can out-think you.. And I can out-philosophize you.. And I'm gonna outlast you.. You think a couple whacks to my guts is gonna get me down?. It's gonna Take a hell of a lot more than that,Counselor, to prove you're better than me!.. It's not necessary to lay a foul tongue on me my friend. I could get upset.. That could get out of hand.. Then in self defense, I could do something to you that you would not like.. You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an X-pert in Gorilla Warfare...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=157

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-11-2014 at 04:33 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote