Thread: Club 27
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #342
lightgiver

Lightbulb Mistress of Mistresses

Quote:
Pakistan International Airlines Flight 404 was a Fokker F27 Friendship that disappeared shortly after takeoff on 25 August 1989.. At 07:36, a domestic scheduled passenger flight of Pakistan International Airlines took off from the northern city of Gilgit, Pakistan on its way to the national capital Islamabad. One of the pilots of the aircraft made a routine radio call at 08:50; this was the last communication with the aircraft. The aircraft is thought to have crashed in the Himalayas, but the wreckage has never been found..After the disappearance, several aerial search missions were launched by the Pakistani military during the first 3 or 4 days. Later land search parties were organised, comprising civilian and armed forces personnel, to search the area around the 8,000 m (26,000 ft) high mountain Nanga Parbat is one of the 8-thousanders, with a summit elevation of 8,126 metres (26,660 ft).. An immense, dramatic peak rising far above its surrounding terrain, Nanga Parbat is also a notoriously difficult climb. Numerous mountaineering deaths in the mid and early 20th century lent it the nickname "killer mountain".. Along with K2, it has never been climbed in winter..Climbing attempts started very early on Nanga Parbat. In 1895 Albert F. Mummery led an expedition to the peak, and reached almost 7,000 m (23,000 ft) on the Diamir (West) Face, but Mummery and two Gurkha companions later died reconnoitering the Rakhiot Face..

27th - 100 march through Bensonhurst protesting racial killings - 89th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Chris Patton - Betsy King wins LPGA Nestle World Golf Championship- Tina Barrett wins LPGA Mitsubishi Motors Ocean State Golf Open...

Harrer's escape and subsequent travels became the subject of his book Se7en Years in Tibet..On June 23, 2013, about 15 extremist militants wearing Gilgit Scouts uniforms shot to death 10 foreign climbers (one Lithuanian, three Ukrainians, two Slovakians, two Chinese, one Chinese-American and one Nepali) and one Pakistani guide at Base Camp. Another foreign victim was injured. The attack occurred at around 1AM and was claimed by a local branch of the Taliban.. (Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan)..A significant breakthrough was made 4 days after the incident when all 16 of the attackers were identified...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakista...nes_Flight_404
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=188Tell me something, my friend.. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?.. I'm only laughing on the outside..My smile is just skin deep..If you could see inside I'm really crying..You might join me for a weep..Well, I think we should keep this on a professional level...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=502

Last edited by lightgiver; 21-10-2014 at 06:30 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote