View Single Post
Old 21-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #309
lightgiver

Lightbulb Steenkampsberg

Quote:
Highest Point-Elevation 2,332 m (7,651 ft)-Peak Die Berg - Steenkampsberge is a South African mountain plateau in the Dullstroom - Belfast district of Mpumalanga Province.. The plateau consists largely of high-altitude grassland, ranging between 1700 and 2274 metres, broken by rocky outcrops..The area is home to more than 150 bird species, a large number being endemic. The wetlands of the region shelter all of the three endangered South African species of crane - Blue, Crowned, and Wattled.. Two of the wetlands, Lakenvlei, 8 km north-east of Belfast, and Verloren Valei, 9 km north of Dullstroom, are of particular importance for the survival of these species..Waterbirds, such as heron, rail, crake, Egyptian Goose, Spur-winged Goose, kingfisher, coot, Sacred Ibis and Whiskered Tern, make up a large proportion of the birdlife...

Dullstroom, also known as Emnotweni is a small town in Mpumalanga province, South Africa, and along with Underberg, it is one of South Africa's premier flyfishing destinations. The town features the highest railway station in South Africa at 2,077 m above sea level as well as at the foot of De Berg, the highest point in the province at 2,332 m high...Belfast (officially eMakhazeni) is a small town in Mpumalanga Province, South Africa. It should not be confused with Belfast in Limpopo, South Africa..The town is renowned for its excellent trout fishing conditions. Sheep and dairy farming take place here as well as maize, potatoes and timber are produced. Coal and a black granite are mined around Belfast.. Around 6 million tulip bulbs are produced here annually for export; the flowers are discarded. Belfast is 2,025m above sea level and one of the coldest and highest towns in South Africa..It was named after Richard Charles O'Neill from Belfast, Ireland, who owned the farm on which the town was built.The average annual precipitation is 674 mm (27 in), with most rainfall occurring mainly during summer..Coordinates: 25°41′S 30°1′E...

"Belfast Child" is a song by Simple Minds, first released as the lead track on the "Ballad of the Streets"..The EP also included "Mandela Day" (originally its B-side). The record reached number 1 on the UK Singles Chart..Jim Kerr recalled in 1000 UK Number 1 Hits why he used the melody, "I first heard the melody (of She Moved Through The Fair) a few days after the Enniskillen bombing (when a bomb planted by the IRA exploded during a Remembrance Day service at Enniskillen in County Fermanagh, killing 12 people and injuring at least 63), and like everybody when you see the images I was sick.. In the second part of the song, I'm trying to relate to people in Northern Ireland who lost loved ones. I'm trying to talk about the madness, the sadness and the emptiness.. I'm not saying I have any pearls of wisdom, but I have a few questions to ask"..Released 6 February 1989 – The government of the People's Republic of Poland holds formal talks with representatives of Solidarity movement..

February 23 – After protracted testimony, the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee rejects, 11–9, President Bush's nomination of John Tower for Secretary of Defense-27-year-old William Hague wins the Richmond by-election in North Yorkshire for the Conservative Party following the departure of Leon Brittan to the European Commission-Den Watts, the hugely popular character played by Leslie Grantham in the BBC's soap opera EastEnders, departs from the series (which he joined at its inception 4 years ago) as the character is presumably killed-23–27 – U.S. President Bush visits Japan, China, and South Korea, attending the funeral of Hirohito and then meeting with China's Deng Xiaoping and South Korea's Roh Tae-woo - German war criminals Aus der Funten/Fischer, freed in Holland - Venezuela is rocked by the riots of Caracazo..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097733/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steenkampsberg,_Mpumalanga
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=172I guess she waited in the restaurant for an hour before she decided to drive home alone.. It was midnight before I got home,I got home to a ringing phone,naturally I answered it...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=510

Last edited by lightgiver; 21-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote