View Single Post
Old 20-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #65
lightgiver

Arrow Godfather

Quote:
The Vatican Bank is under new scrutiny in a case involving money-laundering allegations that led police to seize €23m (£19.25m) in September..The Vatican calls the seizure of assets a "misunderstanding" and expresses optimism it will be quickly cleared up. But fresh court documents show that prosecutors say the Vatican Bank deliberately flouted anti-laundering laws "with the aim of hiding the ownership, destination and origin of the capital". The documents also reveal investigators' suspicions that clergy may have acted as fronts for corrupt businessmen and Mafia..Yet the scandal is hardly the first for the bank, already distinguished from other banks by the fact that its cash machines are in Latin and priests use a private entrance..In 1986, a Vatican financial adviser died after drinking cyanide-laced coffee in prison. Another, Roberto Calvi, was found dangling from a rope under London's Blackfriars Bridge in 1982, his pockets stuffed with money and stones.. The incidents blackened the bank's reputation, raised suspicions of ties with the Mafia, and cost the Vatican hundreds of millions of dollars in legal clashes with Italian authorities..The documents pinpoint two transactions that have not been reported: one in 2009 involving the use of a false name, and another in 2010 in which the Vatican Bank withdrew €650,000 from an Italian bank account but ignored bank requests to disclose where the money was headed..On 21 September, financial police seized assets from a Vatican Bank account. Investigators said the Vatican had failed to furnish information on the origin or destination of the funds as required by Italian law..The bulk of the money, €20 million, was destined for the American JP Morgan bank branch in Frankfurt, Germany, with the remainder going to Banca del Fucino, an Italian bank...

Quote:
January 1 – A British Soldier from 6th Battalion The Rifles, later named by the Ministry of Defence as Serjeant Christopher Reed, was killed in an explosion in Southern Afghanistan. It took the total number of British forces to die in the conflict to 138/2-A light aircraft crashed into overhead power cables on the West Coast Main Line near the village of Little Haywood in Staffordshire killing 3\ 3 – Israel launches a ground invasion of the Gaza Strip as the Gaza War enters its 2nd week/5-Cold weather consisting of snow and freezing temperatures caused widespread disruption across the UK\7 – Russia shuts off all gas supplies to Europe through Ukraine/11-Royal Marine from 45 Commando, later named by the Ministry of Defence as Marine Travis Mackin, was killed in an explosion in Southern Afghanistan. It took the total number of British forces to die in the conflict to 139\14-Two British service personnel, a soldier from 29th Commando Regiment Royal Artillery, later named by the MOD as Captain Tom Sawyer, and a marine from 45 Commando, later named as Marine Danny Winter, were killed in an explosion in southern Afghanistan/17 – A British Soldier from 1st Battalion The Rifles, later named as Corporal Richard Robinson, was killed by enemy fire in southern Afghanistan\26 -The first trial at the International Criminal Court is held. Former Union of Congolese Patriots leader Thomas Lubanga is accused of training child soldiers to kill, pillage, and rape-Icelandic government and banking system collapse..

Godfather 3-Corleone will control Vatican Bank ..

February 1 -Patriarch Kirill of Moscow is enthroned as the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church - Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir is appointed as the new Prime Minister of Iceland, becoming the world's first openly lesbian head of government/2-Heavy snow fell overnight across large parts of the country, causing widespread disruption to transport and education.\7 – The deadliest bushfires in Australian history begin; they kill 173, injure 500 more, and leave 7,500 homeless. The fires come after Melbourne records the highest-ever temperature (46.4 °C, 115 °F) of any capital city in Australia/8 – The Taliban releases a video of Polish geologist Piotr Stańczak, whom they had abducted a few months earlier, being beheaded\10 – A Russian and an American satellite collide over Siberia, creating a large amount of space debris/11-Four people, including 2 teenage air cadets, were killed in a mid-air collision between two light aircraft over the Welsh coast\12– A British soldier serving in Iraq, later named as Private Ryan Wrathall, died in what the Ministry of Defence described as a 'shooting incident'/14– A Royal Marine from 45 Commando, later named by the Ministry of Defence as Marine Darren Smith, was killed by enemy gunfire in Southern Afghanistan\15 – A British soldier from 1st Battalion The Rifles, later named as Lance Corporal Stephen Kingscott, was killed by enemy fire in Southern Afghanistan/18– General Ripper is released from Broadmoor Hospital to face a life sentence, for killing 13 women and attempting to kill 7 more, after doctors claim he has been treated for schizophrenia\25 -3 British soldiers from 1st Battalion The Rifles, later named as Corporal Tom Gaden, Lance Corporal Paul Upton and Rifleman Jamie Gunn, are killed in an explosion in Southern Afghanistan. In a separate incident, a Royal Marine from 45 Commando, Signaller Michael Laski, dies in a British hospital after sustaining injuries in the Aghan conflict on Moonday 23 February..

March 3 – Gunmen attack a bus carrying Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore, Pakistan, killing 8 people and injuring several others/7 - Two soldiers from 38 Engineer Regiment are killed in a shooting attack at the Massereene Barracks in Antrim, Northern Ireland. The Real IRA claim responsibility for the attack which is met with widespread condemnation across the community\9– A police officer is shot dead in Craigavon, County Antrim\14– A British soldier from Royal Welsh Regiment, 2nd Battalion, later named as Lance Corporal Christopher Harkett, is killed in an explosion in Southern Afghanistan/16 – Two British soldiers from Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, later named as Corporals Graeme Stiff and Dean John, are killed in an explosion in Southern Afghanistan\22– Jade Goody, the reality TV star, dies at her home in Essex after a se7en-month battle against cancer...

April 1 - A Super Puma helicopter crashes in the North Sea whilst transporting oil-rig workers. All 16 people on board, 14 passengers and 2 crew, are killed\5 – North Korea launches a rocket from its Tonghae Satellite Launching Ground which it says is carrying the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 satellite, prompting an emergency meeting of – but no official reaction from – the UN/ 6 – L'Aquila EQ: A 6.3 strikes near L'Aquila, Italy, killing nearly 300 and injuring more than 1,500\12 – Maersk Alabama hijacking: The United States Navy rescues Captain Richard Phillips, killing 3 pirates and capturing a 4th/17 – Thirty-4 heads of state and government meet in Port of Spain, Trinidad for the 5th Summit of the Americas.\18 – Roxana Saberi, an Iranian-American journalist, is sentenced to 8 years in prison for espionage by an Iranian court/27 – The outbreak of Swine Flu originating in Mexico spreads to the UK, with 2 cases confirmed in Scotland.\30-A further 3 cases of swine flu are confirmed-2 of the cases are located in London, with the 3rd being in Newcastle - British Military's operation in Iraq officially ends after 6 years of com-bat..

19 May – Sri Lanka announces victory in its 27 year war against the terrorist organisation Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam/22 – Whitelee Wind Farm, the largest onshore wind farm in Europe, officially opens in Scotland\23 – Former President of South Korea Roh Moo-hyun, under investigation for alleged bribery during his presidential term, commits suicide\25 – North Korea announces that it has conducted a second successful nuclear test in North Hamgyong Province..

June 1 – Air France Flight 447, en route from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Paris, crashes into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 on board/11 – The outbreak of the H1N1 influenza strain, commonly referred to as "swine flu", is deemed a global pandemic, becoming the first condition since the Hong Kong flu of 1967–1968 to receive this designation\ 20 – The death of Neda Agha-Soltan, an Iranian student shot during a protest/ 25 – The death of American entertainer Michael Jackson triggers an outpouring of worldwide grief/ 30 – Yemenia Flight 626 crashes off the coast of Moroni, Comoros, killing all but one of the 153 passengers and crew..

July 1 -Two British soldiers are killed in an explosion in Afghanistan. It is later confirmed that one of the casualties was Lieutenant Colonel Rupert Thorneloe, the most senior ranking officer to be killed in action since Colonel H. Jones during the Fallands campaign\11 – The UK announces that 8 British soldiers are killed in Afghanistan, the country's worst death toll in a 24-hour period/15 – Caspian Airlines Flight 7908 crashes near Qazvin, Iran, killing all 168 on board\ 22 – longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century, lasting up to 6 minutes and 38.8 seconds, occurs over parts of Asia and the Pacific Ocean/24– Conservatives win with a majority of more than 7,000, making their candidate, 27-year-old Chloe Smith the youngest MP in the UK.\25 – Harry Patch, the last British survivor of the First World War trenches and briefly the oldest man in the United Kingdom, dies at the age of 111/31-Gary McKinnon, a British man with Asperger syndrome loses his latest High Court bid to avoid extradition to the US to face charges of hacking into US Government computers - British Airways losses £148m in the last 3 months, the company's first loss since privatisation in 1987 ...

Quote:
Don Tommasino did not seem surprised. He grunted. “I wish some of those young fellows in Palermo would get a thunderbolt, maybe I could get some peace.” He was talking about the new-style Mafia chiefs rising in the big cities of Palermo and challenging the power of old-regime stalwarts like himself..Michael said to Tommasino, “I want you to tell those two sheep herders to leave me alone Sunday. I’m going to go to this girl’s family for dinner and I don’t want them hanging around.”

Don Tommasino shook his head. “I’m responsible to your father for you, don’t ask me that. Another thing, I hear you’ve even talked marriage. I can’t allow that until I’ve sent somebody to speak to your father.”

Michael Corleone was very careful, this was after all a man of respect. “Don Tommasino, you know my father. He’s a man who goes deaf when somebody says the word no to him. And he doesn’t get his hearing back until they answer him with a yes. Well, he has heard my no many times. I understand about the two guards, I don’t want to cause you trouble, they can come with me Sunday, but if I want to marry I’ll marry. Surely if I don’t permit my own father to interfere with my personal life it would be an insult to him to allow you to do so.”

The capo-mafioso sighed. “Well, then, marriage it will have to be.. I know your thunderbolt.. She’s a good girl from a respectable family. You can’t dishonor them without the father trying to kill you, and then you’ll have to shed blood. Besides, I know the family well, I can’t allow it to happen.”

Michael said, “She may not be able to stand the sight of me, and she’s a very young girl, she’ll think me old.” He saw the two men smiling at him. “I’ll need some money for presents and I think I’ll need a car.”

The Don nodded. “Fabrizzio will take care of everything, he’s a clever boy, they taught him mechanics in the navy. I’ll give you some money in the morning and I’ll let your father know what’s happening. That I must do.”

Michael said to Dr. Taza, “Have you got anything that can dry up this damn snot always coming out of my nose? I can’t have that girl seeing me wiping it all the time.”

Dr. Taza said, “I’ll coat it with a drug before you have to see her.. It makes your flesh a little numb but, don’t worry, you won’t be kissing her for a while yet.” Both doctor and Don smiled at this witticism..By Sunday, Michael had an Alfa Romeo, battered but serviceable. He had also made a bus trip to Palermo to buy presents for the girl and her family. He had learned that the girl’s name was Apollonia and every night he thought of her lovely face and her lovely name. He had to drink a good deal of wine to get some sleep and orders were given to the old women servants in the house to leave a chilled bottle at his bedside.. He drank it empty every night...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-2158692.html
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=172Never theorize before you have data.. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts..Should I answer chronologically or alphabetically?.. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=333
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote