View Single Post
Old 17-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #9
lightgiver

Arrow The Damned

Quote:
The Damned is a 1963 British SFMovie starring Macdonald Carey, Shirley Anne Field and Oliver Reed. It was a Hammer Film production directed by Joseph Losey and based on H.L. Lawrence's novel The Children of Light..Middle-aged tourist Simon Wells is on a boating holiday on the south coast of England after divorcing his wife and leaving his career as an insurance executive. In the town of Weymouth he meets Joan, a 20-year-old girl, who lures him into a mugging staged by her biker Teddy Boy brother King and his gang.. Wells is beaten up and robbed..As they float off of the coast Joan tells Wells of the abuse she suffered at the hands of her brother whenever she gets close to other men, noting a previous time when he locked her in a cupboard. Though Wells urges her to escape with him, she decides to return to shore.. Wells heads back, unaware that he is being watched by a member of King's gang..At night Wells and Joan return to a quiet part of the mainland and make love in a cliff top house surrounded by curious sculptures. Caught up and surrounded by the gang, the couple escape into a nearby military base where guards and dogs are soon in pursuit of them all...

The house was rented by sculptor Freya Neilson whose lover, Bernard, is a scientist who runs the base. He will not discuss his work, warning her that he "might be condemning her to death".Wells and Joan make their way down the cliff face. King goes after them.. There they discover a small network of caves and bunkers occupied by a group of 9 young boys and girls, all aged 11 and born in the same week.. Although well-dressed, cared-for and educated, it is clear that they do not know much about the outside world. The children's skin is also cold to the touch..In fact the children are confined to the bunker which is the underground part of the military base.. The premises, which double as a schoolroom and living quarters, are filled with surveillance cameras..Released UK 19 May 1963\France 30 September 1964/West Germany 23 September 1973 (TV premiere)..

Quote:
1963 May 11 - "Puff (The Magic Dragon)" by Peter, Paul & Mary hits #2 - The Beatles album Please Please Me goes to the top of the UK Albums Chart-Everton win the Football League First Division title - LA Dodger Sandy Koufax 2nd no-hitter beats NY Giants, 8-0 - Racial bomb attacks in Birmingham Alabama/14 - Kuwait is 111th member of the United Nations\15 – Tottenham Hotspur become the first British football team to win a European trophy when a 5-1 win over Atl├ętico Madrid in Rotterdam gives them the European Cup Winners' Cup– Project Mercury: NASA launches Gordon Cooper on Mercury-Atlas 9, the last mission (on June 12 NASA Administrator James E. Webb tells Congress the program is complete)/25 – Manchester United beat Leicester City 3-1 in the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium with two goals from David Herd and another from Denis Law. It is United's first major trophy since 8 of their players died in the Munich air disaster 5 years ago– The Organisation of African Unity is established in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia- 5th Grammy Awards: I Left My Heart In San Francisco, Robert Goulet wins- "Hot Spot" closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 43 perfs\16 - "Beast in Me" opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 4 perfs/17 - US performs nuclear Test at Nevada Test Site

1964 September – Pete Townshend of The Who destroys his first guitar in the name of auto-destructive art at the Railway Hotel, London\9 - German DR government allows short visits to West Germany- John Osborne's "Inadmissable Evidence," premieres in London/11 - In Jacksonville, Florida, John Lennon announces that the Beatles will not play to a segregated audience \17 - Goldfinger opens in the UK..Bewitched, starring Elizabeth Montgomery, premieres on ABC- Beatles are paid a then record $150,000 for a concert (Kansas)- Supremes release "Baby Love"/23 - "Fiddler on the Roof" with Zero Mostel premieres in NYC...

1973 September 8 – IRA detonated bombs in Manchester and Victoria Station in London\ 9 – Jackie Stewart places fourth at the Italian Grand Prix at Monza, becoming World Drivers' Champion, in the Tyrrell 003-Cosworth/10 - IRA bombs at King's Cross and Euston railway stations in London injured 13 people-The fashion store Biba re-opened in Kensington High Street-The dress had celebrity appeal, as a similar dress had been worn by Brigitte Bardot. By the morning after the dress was advertised in the Daily Mirror, it had received over 4,000 orders. Ultimately, some 17,000 outfits were sold- 93rd US Mens Tennis: John Newcombe beats Jan Kodes (64 16 46 62 62)\11 - Chile's democratically elected government is overthrown in a military coup after serious instability. President Salvador Allende allegedly commits suicide during the coup in the presidential palace, and General Augusto Pinochet heads a U.S.-backed military junta that governs Chile for the next 16 years-Art G arfunkel finally releases his solo debut LP Angel Clare, 17 years after starting his career/12 – Further IRA bombs exploded in Oxford Street and
Sloane Square...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056576/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_(1963_film)
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=75I like to listen to people who know what they're talking about..My trouble is I never believe anything they say..Would you excuse my appearance? I've been sightseeing..How old are you, Victoria?.. I'm 11. We're all 11..We all have our birthdays the same week..Any bully can command obedience..Only a gentleman can command loyalty...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=285

Last edited by lightgiver; 17-10-2014 at 02:27 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote