View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #688
lightgiver

Lightbulb PH

"Sliver" is a song by American grunge band Nirvana...

Quote:
Released September 1990-1–10 – Pope John Paul II visits Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Côte d'Ivoire/2- "Grapes of Wrath" closes at Cort Theater NYC after 188 perfs\3- Rosie and Jim first airs on ITV/4 – Geoffrey Palmer resigns as Prime Minister of New Zealand and is replaced by Mike Moore\5 – Sri Lankan Civil War: Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 158 civilians- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein urges Arabs to rise against the West/6 – In Burma, the State Law and Order Restoration Council orders the arrest of Aung San Suu Kyi and 5 other political dissidents\9-U.S. President Bush and Soviet President Gorbachev meet in Helsinki to discuss the Persian Gulf crisis-First Liberian Civil War: Liberian president Samuel Doe is captured by rebel leader Prince Johnson and killed in a filmed execution-Sri Lankan Civil War: Sri Lankan Army soldiers kill 184 civilians in Batticaloa/10 - First Pizza Hut opens in Soviet Union– Pegasus, a leading British travel operator, goes bankrupt- 19 year old Pete Sampras beats Andre Agassi to win US Open- Iran agrees to resume diplomatic ties with Iraq\11-Gulf War: U.S. President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait-First Pizza Hut opens in the People's Republic of China, nearly 3 years after the first KFC opened there in 1987 – After a decade of performing in the Francophone world, Céline Dion makes her formal English-language debut in the United States with the release of her album Unison/12- Cold War: The two German states and the 4 Phowers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany \13- Commuter train at Johannesburg South Africa attacked, 36 die - Iraqi troops storm residence of French ambassador in Kuwait/17- Soviet Union & Saudi Arabia restore diplomatic ties\18-The International Olympic Committee awards the 1996 Summer Olympics to Atlanta, Georgia-The PIRA tries to assassinate Air Chief Marshal Sir Peter Terry at his home near Stafford, England. Hit by at least 9 bullets, the former Governor of Gibraltar survives/20- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site\22– John Banham, a leading British industrial minister, warns that most of Britain is now affected by a recession and that there is worse to come- Saudi Arabia expels many Jordanian & Yemeni envoys/23 - Nancy Lopez wins MBS LPGA Golf Classic- PBS begins an 11 hour miniseries on Civil War - Saddam says he will destroy Israel\24- Periodic Great White Spot observed on Saturn/25- Saddam Hussein warns that US will repeat Vietnam experience\26- Thatcher joins in with the politicians who are denying that the British economy is slumping into recession-The poorly received Cop Rock premieres on US television; it was TV's only musical police drama//27- Dee Dee Ramone arrested on marijuana possession- Deposed emir of Kuwait address UN General Assembly- Gunman holds 33 people (killing 1) hostage in Berkeley Calif- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site- Tour de France champion Greg LeMond visits White House\28- Marvin Gaye gets a star on Hollywood's walk of fame/29–30 – The United Nations World Summit for Children draws more than 70 world leaders to United Nations Headquarters– - "Love & Affection" by Nelson peaks at #1 on pop singles chart- The Dalai Lama unveils the Canadian Tribute to Human Rights in Canada's capital city of Ottawa-Washington, D.C.'s National Cathedral is finished- "Millie's Book" written by 1st Lady Barbara Bush for president's dog is a best-selling non-fiction book- Chicago White Sox beat Seattle 2-1 in last game at Comiskey Park..Vintage "Red Roof" locations, designed by architect Richard D. Burke, can be found throughout the United States and Canada; several exist in the UK, Australia, and México...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_Pop
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...41&postcount=5There's nothing better than having a baby.. I've always loved children.. I used to work summers at the YMCA and be in charge of, like, 30 preschool kids.. I knew that when I had a child, I'd be overwhelmed, and it's true... I can't tell you how much my attitude has changed since we've got Frances..Holding my baby is the best drug in the world...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=77

Last edited by lightgiver; 07-10-2014 at 10:38 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote