View Single Post
Old 27-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #1410
lightgiver

Lightbulb ShalaMar

Quote:
Shalamar was an American music group, active in the 1970s and 1980s, that was originally a disco-driven vehicle created by Soul Train booking agent Dick Griffey and show creator Don Cornelius..Their collective name 'Shalamar' was picked by Griffey..The group was joined up with producer Leon Sylvers III in 1979, signed with Griffey's SOLAR Records and scored a US million seller with "The Second Time Around."In the UK the group had a string of hits with songs such as "Take That to the Bank" (1978), "I Owe You One" (1980) and 1982's "I Can Make You Feel Good", "A Night to Remember", "There It Is" and "Friends".."A Night to Remember"is a song by American disco/R&B group Shalamar. It was released in February 1982 as the second single from their sixth studio album Friends (1982), and peaked at number 44 on the Billboard Hot 100.. It also hit number 15 on the Club Play Singles chart and number eight on the Black Singles chart.. It was a much bigger hit in the UK, peaking at number 5 on the UK Singles Chart..Released February 1982...

Quote:
18 – The Republic of Ireland general election gives a boost to Fianna Fáil/19 – The DeLorean Motor Company Car Factory in Belfast is put into receivership- Ozzy Osbourne is arrested after urinating on The Alamo, in San Antonio, Texas - Hanneke Jagersma installed as Neth's 1st Communist mayor - Sharie Langford, California, sets women's bowling series record of 853 - USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh/Semipalitinsk USSR\20 - NY Islanders wins then NHL record 15th straight game/21 - "Ain't Misbehavin'" closes at Longacre Theater NYC after 1604 perfs - "Little Me" closes at Eugene O'Neill Theater NYC after 36 perfs\20– Pat Benatar marries her guitarist, Neil Giraldo on the Hawaiian island of Maui/23 - Michael Frayn's "Noises Off," premieres in London\24 – In South Africa, 22 National Party MPs led by Andries Treurnicht vote for no confidence in P. W. Botha - Wayne Gretzky scores NHL-record 78th goal of season en route to 922 - 24th Grammy Awards: Betty Davis Eyes, Double Fantasy wins/25 – The European Court of Human Rights rules that teachers who cane, belt or taze children against the wishes of their parents are in breach of the Human Rights Convention..You little shit you're in it now,I hope they throw away the key..You should have talked to me more often than you did, but no! You had to go Your own way, have you broken any Homes up lately?.Just 5 minutes, Worm your honour,Him and Me, alone- Record speed for a snowmobile (239 kph)\27 – Atlanta murders of 1979-1981: Wayne Williams is convicted of murdering 2 adult men and is sentenced to 2 consecutive life terms – The D'Oyly Carte Opera Company gives its final performance at the Adelphi Theatre after more than 110 years- France performs nuclear test at Muruora Island/28 - AT & T looses record $7 BILLION for fiscal year ending on this day - Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Arizona Copper Golf Classic- FALN (PR Nationalist Group) bombs Wall Street...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shalamar
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=32Fire's got the temperature up all over the camp..They're falling out of the skies like flies..Gov knows all about it, right, Mac?..You believe any of this voodoo BS, Blair?... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1477
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote