View Single Post
Old 25-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #681
lightgiver

Lightbulb MontheM

Quote:
The song also invokes the conspiracy theories surrounding the moon landing and Elvis Presley as an indirect nod to the persistent rumors that Kaufman faked his own death.."Man on the Moon" was released as the second single from Automatic for the People on November 21, 1992, reaching number 30 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 18 on the UK Singles Chart.. The song was enthusiastically received by critics...

November16 - Hoxne Hoard discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Suffolk/17 - "Gypsy Passion" opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 55 perfs\18 – Russian President Boris Yeltsin releases the flight data recorder (FDR) and cockpit voice recorder (CVR) of KAL 007, shot down by the Soviets in 1983..The aircraft departed Gate 15 of John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City on August 30, 1983, bound for Gimpo Airport in Gangseo-gu, Seoul, 35 minutes behind its scheduled departure time of 23:50 EDT (03:50 UTC, August 31). The flight was carrying 246 passengers and 23 crew members/20 – In England, a fire breaks out in Windsor Castle, causing over £50 million worth of damage\23 - "Someone Who'll Watch Over Me" opens at Booth NYC for 232 perfs- 10,000,000 cellular telephone sold/ 24-In the People's Republic of China, a China Southern Airlines domestic flight crashes, killing all 141 people on board-Elizabeth II describes this year as an annus horribilis (horrible year), due to various scandals damaging the image of the Royal Family, as well as the Windsor Castle fire - The first commercial worldwide release in the Videogame industry, nicknamed "Sonic 2sday"\25-The Czechoslovakia Federal Assembly votes to split the country into the Czech Republic and Slovakia, starting on January 1, 1993- In a national referendum related to abortion, voters in Ireland reject the proposed Twelfth Amendment of the Constitution Bill, 1992 (Ireland) but approve the Thirteenth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland and the 14th Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland/26 - The Queen is to be taxed from next year, marking the end of almost 60 tax-free years for the British monarchy-Pepper v Hart, a landmark case\27 -Disney's Aladdin is released in theaters everywhere./29 - Ethnic minorities now account for more than 3,000,000 (over 5%) of the British population- "Sea Gull" opens at Lyceum Theater NYC for 48 perfs- "Solitary Confinement" closes at Nederlander NYC after 25 perfs\30- David Boon's 14th Test Cricket century, 111 v WI at Brisbane - Intercity-train derailed at Village chief, 5 die...

There were 22 children under the age of 12 years aboard. One hundred and thirty passengers planned to connect to other destinations such as Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Taipei..U.S. congressman Lawrence McDonald from Georgia, who at the time was also the second president of the conservative John Birch Society, was on the flight.. Senator Jesse Helms of North Carolina, Senator Steven Symms of Idaho, and Representative Carroll J. Hubbard, Jr. of Kentucky were aboard sister flight KAL 015, which flew 15 minutes behind KAL 007; they were headed, along with McDonald on KAL 007, to Seoul, South Korea, in order to attend the ceremonies for the 30th anniversary of the U.S.-South Korea Mutual Defense Treaty..The Soviets contended former U.S. president Richard Nixon was to have been seated next to Larry McDonald on KAL 007 but that the CIA warned him not to go, according to the New York Post and Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS); this was denied by Nixon...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...nes_Flight_007
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=166Gentlemen, and Ladies, hold the presses! This just in! By curious quirk of faith, we have the perfect story with which to launch our satellite news network tonight.. It seems a small crisis is brewing in the South China Sea!. I want full newspaper coverage,I want magazine stores, I books, I want films, I want TV,I want radio, I want us on the air 24 hours a day, this is our moment! And a billion people around this planet will watch it, hear it, and read about it from the Carver Media Group!.. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=3235
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote