Thread: Masonic movies
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #489
theroach
Inactive

Here is an up and coming 'masonic' release...late August 2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Abov...low_%28film%29

The first hermetic maxim..."as above, so below" as per Hermes/Thoth/Mercury (Mercury, that fits in with Lightgiver's image above, lol) and the Emerald Tablet...and one of mystery religion's most venerated gods! The film seemingly only has 3 cast members....like the triple switch-hitting Thrice Great Hermes.

It has got the Eiffel Tower on the promo...Eiffel was a freemason, of course and he also provided the structural framework for the 'masonic' Statue of Liberty aka Isis.

Storyline...
Miles of twisting catacombs lie beneath the streets of Paris, the eternal home to countless souls (Hermes scribe of the judgement of souls, my emphasis). When a team of explorers ventures into the uncharted maze of bones, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead. A journey into madness and terror, As Above, So Below reaches deep into the human psyche to reveal the personal demons that come back to haunt us all.

In the Egyptian drawings of him, Thoth carries a waxen writing tablet and serves as the recorder during the weighing of the souls of the dead in the judgment Hall of Osiris--a ritual of great significance. Hermes is of first importance to Masonic scholars, because he was the author of the Masonic initiatory rituals, which were borrowed from the Mysteries established by Hermes. Nearly all of the Masonic symbols are Hermetic in character.

More masonic resonance...from the trailer:

Hermes/Thoth...just had to be there somewhere! Is that a rendering of the sun, next to the god?

There is clearly a reference to the masonic hanged man too...the cable tow around the neck and with hood/blindfold aka hoodwink.

They throw in a Templar Knight...for good measure!

I'm certainly leaning towards this being a masonic movie...cough, cough. :-)

Hell...and I haven't even seen it yet!!!

Last edited by theroach; 13-08-2014 at 08:59 PM.
theroach is offline   Reply With Quote