View Single Post
Old 23-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #233
lightgiver

Lightbulb 23 Wall ST

Quote:
23 Wall Street or "The Corner", is an office building formerly owned by J.P. Morgan & Co. – later the Morgan Guaranty Trust Company – located at the southeast corner of Wall Street and Broad Street, in the heart of the Financial District in Manhattan, New York City..Designed by Trowbridge & Livingston and built in 1913, the building was so well known as the headquarters of J.P. Morgan & Co. – the "House of Morgan" – that it was deemed unnecessary to mark the exterior with the Morgan name.. The building is known for its classical architecture and formerly for its well-appointed interior, including a massive crystal chandelier and English oak paneling, but, overall, is more notable for its history than its architecture..Even though property prices in the area were very high, the Morgan building was purposely designed to be only four stories tall; the contrast to the surrounding high-rises is reinforced by the astylar exterior, rendered as a single high piano nobile over a low basement, with a mezzanine above, and an attic storey above the main cornice. The plain limestone walls are pierced by unadorned windows in deep reveals. The foundations were constructed deep and strong enough in order to support a 40-story tower should the need arise in the future...This building and 15 Broad Street were sold in 2003 for $100 million to Africa Israel & Boymelgreen.. The two buildings have become a condominium development, Downtown by Philippe Starck, named for French designer Philippe Starck, one of a growing number of residential buildings in the Financial District.. Starck made the roof of 23 Wall into a garden and pool, accessible to the residents of the development..Africa Israel gained full control of 23 Wall Street in 2007; it was sold to a partnership of the China International Fund and Sonangol Group in 2008..23 Wall Street appears in the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises, where it represents the exterior of the Gotham City Stock Exchange...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_Wall_Street
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=89516&page=44I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion..Now it places the lotion in the basket... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=164

Last edited by lightgiver; 23-07-2014 at 08:11 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote